World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chaps - any suggestions on a reel to go with my bar 270 ?

was thinking along the lines of a twinpower 4000 or maybe a technium 5000

ta

·
Registered
446 Posts
Having similar thoughs Spitfire, at the moment i have a stradic 4000fh which will do the job perfectly,had it 3 years and still silky smooth. But new Tenyru ,needs a new reel,but the wife won't look at it that way. New rod new kitchen floor. Oh well will have to put my foot down! kitchen floor it is then! Shimano twin power look the dogs and thats probably what i will eventually go for,but don't tell the wife.

Mark.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Stella and 400 and odd quid,my wife would think that was an expensive hooker or a weekend on the lash with my mates. No not even going there!!!!

Mark.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Got the Twinpower 4000 size loaded with braid. Can't fault it.

Me too. Load it with 30lb braid. I use little known Fladen Maximus - 0.12mm dia. Never tangles. Best kept secret?????

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Chaps - any suggestions on a reel to go with my bar 270 ?

was thinking along the lines of a twinpower 4000 or maybe a technium 5000

ta
hey!! spit they can be only one vsb

gee

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
The Shimano Stradic 4000 FI is a beautiful reel too, I have mine loaded with 30lb Powerpro and it is a dream to use.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
I have and still think a front drag Twin Power in 4000 size is worth more than they cost, a superb reel, light, powerful and smooth as silk, great sped of retrieve too.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I have a Stradic 4000 and its fine, although some say too fast a retrieve.
I got a Daiwa Certate 4000 this year and the build is much much more solid. The spool is also wider and holds more line which equals less reduction in line fill when casting which in turn means slightly longer casts than the Stradic. That's my impression anyway.

At the end of the day its a very personal thing and we all get influenced by our environment. Twinpowers and Techniums seem to have a faithful local following. Certates are very popular with French bass guides and reading lots of French bass mags and visiting French dealers over the years has no doubt influenced my choice a great deal.

I would just suggest that you get your hands on as many as you can, even if it winds up your friendly local tackle dealers, before commiting your cash.

I am after a new rod and I've been pawing my shortlist of three for several days now.... MrFish is a very very patient gentleman.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Been through about 5 spinning reels in the past 2 years (Saltwater damage on Kayak) Technium is best i have used. Must learn to buy cheapo reels for Yakking!

·
WSF Primary Administrator.
60,853 Posts
With my Bar 270 I use the Stradic 5000(white ones).
Designed for saltwater use,totally stunning and loaded with 40lb Power Pro.
Next year maybee a Van Staal or ZeeBass.

·
WSF Primary Administrator.
60,853 Posts
Ha Ha,that Fire Blood thing is just a Stradic with red trim.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I think I may be the only person around using an Aspire 4000 rear drag, I've never heard anyone else mention them, nor seen one.

Well there must be one other, the ******* that picked my first one up in Llandeilo train station car park when I left it there!

Very good reel for Salmon and Bass, just that notch up from the Stradics and Twin powers etc. but not in Van Staal territory by a long way.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts