World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what removes bait odour from car carpets :)

some thawing bait liquid ie squid or summit must have been dropped in car boot and its honking basically,:uhuh:

ive tried simply hot soapy water but no joy.. still honks. :)

the local car valeting company cant do it for a few days , so i may as well give it a go in the mean time.
they told me they will have too spray some chemicals onto carpet too remove.

at 30 quid a go im sure i will try first lol.

carpet has now been romoved so i can breath ahahah.

any ideas ?

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Have you tried hot water, fairy liquid and a nailbrush?

G

·
take the matt to a jetwash,use plenty of detergent and a scrubbing brush.done it a few times at work mate....dave.;)

·
Registered
637 Posts
a fire should do the trick lol. have you got a jet wash, try a 4in 1 cleaner scrub it as best as you can then jetwash it hang out to dry

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Get a 2nd car for the Missus/Girlfriend.
Stinky cars is a (lucky)fishermans hazard.
I have a cheap bootliner from Lidles and now a 'Safebag' from The Roof Box Company. Also a roofbox as last time out the odour from my jacket lingered long after it was thrown in the garage.
My wife has left me:)
So has my daughter:yeah: about time to.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
aye ive tried the following,

1st hot soapy water and hard scrubbing brush.

2nd concentrated industrial detergant , which didnt work, so i put it on without diluting it lol :)

fine until it drys then its back too honking again... so annoying.

i may have too leave it for the chemicals , as the above didnt seem too work,

any more ideas ?

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the carpet has a noise reducing / thick type backing , i dunno if this is holding in some off the honking fluid. lol :)

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i was thinking off some kind off foam spray or summit easy ? .

if all else fails :

a fire should do the trick lol. have you got a jet wash, try a 4in 1 cleaner scrub it as best as you can then jetwash it hang out to dry
i have a jetwash in the garage, i will give that a bash tommorrow.

cheers.

·
Registered
424 Posts
You've had lots of advice already but if nothing else works try washing soda crystals. disoloved in hot water. I use them to wash out my bait cool bags because they kill bad smells but have no smell themselves, unlike detergents.

Cheers,

John

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
been told by her that must be obeyed that rubbing it with a lemon then washing it with hot soapy water should do the trick!!:secret: :clap2:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Mix some sodium bicarbonate in hot water and scrub it with that-gets rid of bad smells completely,plus its dirt cheap and easy to find in the supermarket.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
The sound insulation will hold quite a lot of fluids. Try the jet wash Andy, but lagger the chemicals on it first, then wash it off both sides. Problem is, it'll take a day or two to dry out. Failing that, buy a new boot carpet .

·
Registered
606 Posts
lemons will get rid of most smells or odours but use cold water not hot.hot water releases some sort of reaction and the pong will linger have used it in my motor before and it worked cut up a lemon leave it around the car best air freashener going:clap3:

·
Registered
280 Posts
have you tried fabreez [sorry about spelling] work a treat on soft furnishings and curtains etc :idea:
frebreeze should do the trick as i have used it on my floatie and it worked.:clap2:

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
try vinegar, used to use it on moms carpet when a teenager to get rid of the smells from secret parties while folks were at work, gets rid of most smells

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
To be honest i once had a bottle of aftershave get into the carpets in my car and the smell was so strong it burnt your nostrels. I would prefer the smell of decaying squid anyday! As previously said bootliners are a good idea for the future, but in the meantime wash the carpet with Cillit Bang mixed with water and apply a liberal coating of Febreeze, this should do the trick for the time being.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
You know the anti bac waterless hand wash, the stuff that is also used in hospitals as a hand wash before you enter wards ? That is ace and about a quid ago at most supermarkets. Antibacterial hand wash is 49p at Asda if you want to wash it out, even works on fox crap on my cocker spaniel, who thinks its the very latest designer doggy perfume and is only truly happy with dollops adhered to her scruff on a regular basis ! All other soaps & potions left a lingering rancid whiff, antibac soap or wash kills the germs that make the smell, great on floaty suits as well !

1 - 20 of 26 Posts