World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the best kind of rig to use when general shore fishing when there is a chance of thornies, spurs, dogfish etc? Is there a good allrounder that will give a decent chance of catching most species? ta much

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
tomy if its for etive you want wire traces as a spurry has potential to bite thro mono even heavy mono.just make the bite trace wire and make the rest of the rigs as normal,try pulleys and flappers

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
should i use a clipped down rig? never used bait clips before, probably why my bait ends up flying off in the opposite direction from everything else

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
you can use a clipped down rig if you wish,a pulley would be clipped down anyway,last time i fished it i didnt use a clipped down rig but i was using huge baits.

what tackle shop you going to? try getting some glow beads and put them on just above your hook as ppl say they can help

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
probably go to glasgow angling centre if i have time before work but if i dont will just go to splash in saltcoats as its just along the road from me. will probably just use flapper rigs, is there mackerel to be caught at etive for bait?

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
splash tackle will keep you right and mackys will be about but you could detour and go via inverary and get mackys there if there about but its a different way from what i told you but still just as simple to drive.let me know and i will drop you pm

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just going to try get macks up there.probably going to be there al sarurday so will have plenty time. I will ask the guy in splash for stuff for rigs, cheers again for the help, Tom

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Now they are good, well informed answers from Colin, good post mate.

·
Registered
826 Posts
For etive i'd go with pulley rigs with wire biting trace. Last time there I was using a 1 hook flapper with no joy but when I switched to pulley rigs with glow beads I had a decent spurrie and thornie within an hour ;)

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
For etive i'd go with pulley rigs with wire biting trace. Last time there I was using a 1 hook flapper with no joy but when I switched to pulley rigs with glow beads I had a decent spurrie and thornie within an hour ;)
just curious davie do you think the rig change made any difference?

maybe bait presentation was better.
maybe glowbeads helped.
maybe you would have caught they fish either way irrelevant of what rig you used.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts