World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I'm going to fish Stokes bay Thursday into Friday morning. What can I expect and what kind of rigs should I use? I normally use two hook flapper and a pulley on the other.
Thanks in advance
Stewarty

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
It depends what you're after. A two hook flapper should keep you busy on whiting and the pulley for the chance of a ray. Doggies on both. Personally I always have a specific target in mind and take rigs and baits for that species.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Keep us posted with how it goes if you do go out. My younger brother has just got his first rod and reel and is desperate to catch, if the whiting are about in numbers I might have to begrudgingly take him to stokes bay. Interested to see what runs out first... the bait or his enthusiasm after a few dozen pin whiting!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Keep us posted with how it goes if you do go out. My younger brother has just got his first rod and reel and is desperate to catch, if the whiting are about in numbers I might have to begrudgingly take himhim stokes bay. Interested to see what runs out first... the bait or his enthusiasm after a few dozen pin whiting!
Will keep you informef.
I have a new set op myself I'm lookin forward to trying. I bought a new 7ht msg and a leeda Icon m sport power.
Stewarty

·
Registered
41 Posts
Will keep you informef.
I have a new set op myself I'm lookin forward to trying. I bought a new 7ht msg and a leeda Icon m sport power.
Stewarty
I have been looking at these for a little while! Want something with some back bone that will sit nice in the tide / wind but has good bite detection! Could you give it a quick review?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been looking at these for a little while! Want something with some back bone that will sit nice in the tide / wind but has good bite detection! Could you give it a quick review?
Hi Jamie
Well firstly, some say they are a little heavy compared to a zippy or a century but I don't know know what either feels like as I can't afford one. Leeda say these are the must have multiplier rods of this year and I know why. I bought the power 4-7oz and used a 5oz. It is tippy but I like this. I didn't take much practice before fishing but combined with a 7 HT mag it flew. I recon with s little more practice it will go a long way. My other rod is a sonik sk4 but I'm thinking of getting a second leeda.
I'm happy with it.
Stewarty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts