World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hiya all. i have ordered a century tip tornado sport from a company called fosters of birmingham. anyway wat a disaster it has turned out to be. :uhuh: i ordered the rod about 6 weeks ago maybe longer they told when i ordered it that they couldnt get stock of 1 for 3 weeks. anyway i am still waiting. but in the mean time i have heard that the c.t.t are a little soft. so i was thinking of cancelling the order. any suggestions on a good stiff rod???? i have been told a nemisis + slr is a good stiff rod or even a kompresser. but which is best???? any help would be great. i am going to test a few on saturday morning. :g: :g:

·
Registered
167 Posts
both the nemesis SLR+ and the compressor sport are very good rods,and it would be hard to choose a favourite....down to what you prefer i'm afraid.both will handle the rough ground/big fish,and are capable of casting a very long way in the right hands.

·
Registered
200 Posts
you said your going to test a few. excuse my ignornace, are you testing a few from a local shop or mates rods. good i dea to fish with a rod 1st. i bought a 16' 8 shakespeare with a shimanoeel b4 christmas. £240 for the lot. reel is fantastic but i can't get to grips with the rod, its just too long. if i could have tried it out before hand i would have bought a shorter rod. let us know how you get on, a bit of a review article would be good.

·
Registered
585 Posts
perhaps there could be a meet up for anglers to try out combos to see diffrent rods and reels we wouldnt waste our money then we have all bought things we regret and rods are getting very expensive these days

·
Registered
462 Posts
hi Gibby i have the CCT its a cracking rod i find it stiff whilst casting also the rod handles well if your casting down or up the butt

one thing id mention is that yea it does bend when u hook into fish myself id like the tip to be a lil stiffer whilst winding in fish but apart from that its brill holds the tide well...if your out and about mate your welcome to have a cast or 2 with mine

jay

·
Registered
11,462 Posts
what sort of ground do you intend using it on?

i,ve used a tip sport for years but not specifically for the rough stuff. it casts 6oz fine and has had loads of big huss to 14lb and cod to 7lb with rays to 12lb. i still mainly use it for clean/mixed ground.

a kompressor sport is actually no better than the tip sport and a lot heavier with a more through action. side by side they will bend the same amount but in different areas with the same fish on.

to go stiffer you,d have to go to a wr300 if you wanted to stay in the century range. but then its a lot stiffer.

G

·
I have a kompressor sport and a tip tornado sport both are excellent and stiff the t.t.s is thinner in the butt there isnt a lot to choose between them mostly I use the kompressor for open beach and rough ground and the t.t.s. for rock fishing

G

·
hiya all. i have ordered a century tip tornado sport from a company called fosters of birmingham. anyway wat a disaster it has turned out to be. :uhuh: i ordered the rod about 6 weeks ago maybe longer they told when i ordered it that they couldnt get stock of 1 for 3 weeks. anyway i am still waiting. but in the mean time i have heard that the c.t.t are a little soft. so i was thinking of cancelling the order. any suggestions on a good stiff rod???? i have been told a nemisis + slr is a good stiff rod or even a kompresser. but which is best???? any help would be great. i am going to test a few on saturday morning. :g: :g:

You could do a whole lot worse than phone StanM (forum contributor) and discuss your absolutely exacting requirements.
Try his website at http://www.alba-rods.co.uk but I kow he is having IT difficulties as of today.

He takes the worlds best blanks and the very highest fittings to create a rod to your perfect description.
These custom built beauties come in at the same price as a good quality off the shelf job.

Pardon the baltant plug for Stan, but I have just read this after coming off the phone to him discussing my new rod being despatched on Thursday!!! :clap2:

Stan builds all types of rods from UK style boat and uptide to Big Game, to fly to beach. He only builds a few hundred a year and each one if perfectly bespoke to your requirements.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah i am going to a shop to have a look at a few. so really that still leaves me in a bit of a sticky situation. cos wont be able to have a cast with 1 down there???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts