World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,new to all this coarse fishing.Theres a local trout fishery near me that has opened a coarse pond and i have enjoyed catching little carp upto 5lb.

Now i fancy doing more coarse fishing.So i bought a few new rods.
One of them is a browning bob nudd waggler which i got from ebay for £25 all in.I also bought a trotting reel.

I will probly use 2lb and 4lb line for waggler fishing.
But was needing to know what strenth of line should i use when trotting for roach,or brownies.
And would this 13ft rod be ok for trotting.Any advise would be great.:thumbs:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hey m8 where about is that small carp pond that has opened ?(Looking at your profile i presume you are from aberdeen). Iam from dundee so any new waters that open are all good.
Back to answering your question probably the same breaking strain of line you use for your waggler fishing. To me it is all down to a matter of preference and confidence for breaking strains .

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Just carry on as you are mate,A resilient 2lb line such as Maxima chameleon or the clear version for spooky fish is more than adequote
for the type of fishing you intend.........
As for the rod.....ive never heard of that particular one so aint got a scooby on its merits.

This article by my old skool teacher...Bill Rushmer ...he of Anglers mail
fame explains all the variants in rod blank technology.

http://www.fishing.co.uk/article.php3?id=1819

I like to use a crisp tippy actioned Shimano Connessieur 13ft for
stick float fishing as its ideal for striking into fast biting fish at close quarters.

I use a 14ft Shimano XXX for waggler use as its extra length picks up the line quickly and more through action sets the hook at distance
without snapping off to good fish on fine tackle.

These are both relics from the past but are every bit as good as todays Shimano offerings...IMHO.

Fleabay and the like do have them for sale from time to time.

Gazza

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The fishery is just passed mintlaw,my mate and i had a great day there last year,he caught 9 carp and i had 5.The lake was just stocked 1 week before hand.
Ave been looking and its not fishing well just know,dont know if the fish has escaped past a netted area or if they are surviving the winter as it is only 3ft deep at the most.
http://www.fishingthefly.co.uk/pitfour-lake-fishery.html

This is the rod ave bought.
http://www.fishingmagic.com/review/reviewproduct/mps/RPN/3767/prod/Browning-Bob-Nudd-super-Club-Heavy-Waggler/RCN/77/rgn/9/sp/332913698336332540586/v/1
Thanks for the advice!:thumbs:

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
having Googled your rod it doesnt seem the right tool for stick fishing
for Roach/Dace,that said the words "heavy waggler" make it more suitable for distance casting on big rivers for Chub/Barbel or carp fishing
on lakes.......but what the hell ....go and enjoy it mate....just dont fish to light or the stiff blank wont be as forgiving when you strike into small fish up close.

Gazza

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
having Googled your rod it doesnt seem the right tool for stick fishing
for Roach/Dace,that said the words "heavy waggler" make it more suitable for distance casting on big rivers for Chub/Barbel or carp fishing
on lakes.......but what the hell ....go and enjoy it mate....just dont fish to light or the stiff blank wont be as forgiving when you strike into small fish up close.

Gazza
Am not sure if it is a heavy waggler,it does,nt say heavy on it,
it says browning bob nudd super club waggler plus 13" power match.

found heaps similar named
browning waggler plus 13" power match
browning super club heavy waggler
browning bob nudd power match
bob nudd waggler plus 13"

but none of them exactly the same name.

I just prosumed it was this one but not sure if this one says heavy on it
http://www.fishingmagic.com/review/reviewproduct/mps/RPN/3767/prod/Browning-Bob-Nudd-super-Club-Heavy-Waggler/RCN/77/rgn/9/sp/332913698336332540586/v/1

Got myself a strike right center pin reel of ebay £17 all in so will give it a go any way.

But would be fine to know what kind of rod it really is.

Thanks for all the advice.:thumbs:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts