World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just spent 3-4 hrs lure fishing and caught nowt. i was trying wedges(Koster & Dexter), spoons(copper colored) and also using soft lure(Angel, I think?)
I was hoping to catch Mackerel but discovered they're Gone...

1) I believe there is Sea Trout, Pollack and Cod, will I catch these species using any of the above lures??

2) Should I tip lures with Mackerel slivers?? And what's the best time to catch these species?

3) I have also got a small yellow,pink and black fish lure I think its a "slither blue hollow" another "sinking" fish lure in gold and green. Both are very lightweight and small and I wonder if these are meant for close to the shore and will I catch with these??? or should I use a "Basshunter" lure with Lumi tail weighing 30g???

any advice would be most appreciated thanks to all out there

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
I think now the mackerel will be thin on the ground as with the Pollack which will be starting to head out, not entirely gone but few and far between.
This time of year I'd be looking more into bait fishing than lures, you'll catch all of the above on lures but if Cod was the target again I'd go for bait over lure, mackerel slithers on their own is what I have found caught more sea trout (for me). Rag worm for the pollack & small codling or mackerel strips - squid - sandeel for doggies with the chance of a Thornie.

The above is just my experience of that and the surrounding area & Lochs :thumbs:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think now the mackerel will be thin on the ground as with the Pollack which will be starting to head out, not entirely gone but few and far between.
This time of year I'd be looking more into bait fishing than lures, you'll catch all of the above on lures but if Cod was the target again I'd go for bait over lure, mackerel slithers on their own is what I have found caught more sea trout (for me). Rag worm for the pollack & small codling or mackerel strips - squid - sandeel for doggies with the chance of a Thornie.

The above is just my experience of that and the surrounding area & Lochs :thumbs:
thanks so much for that info (bit of newbie to sea fishing!) so I'm of to the tackle shop tomoz..and that mackerel is coming out the freezer...!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts