World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

A quick bit of advice please. I'm off up to the far north-west of Scotland just before Christmas for a few days in the wilds miles away from habitation. Never done any sea fishing before but would like to try to catch my own supper :) Tips and advice for a complete newbie with no tackle or experience please.

Cheers,
Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Keith,

Eee, there's always one ;) Are you trying to hint that I should have been more specific in my questioning? Having done a bit of digging around I get the impression that the 'season' is pretty much over for most species by Christmas. Are things like mackerel all going to be tucked up in bed by then? Would I be best off looking at cod/pollock? Are these reasonably easy to fish for a beginner with not much tackle and no access to bait shops.

Cheers,
Mike

·
Registered
297 Posts
Yes your right about the mackerel they are away now the cod are now showing up around the coast also pollock baits for them would be ragworm, lugworm, squid, mackerel, crab, prawns,sandeels for pollock you could takes the bait up in a cool box with ice blocks. Also it aldepends where you are going to fish and what for as different hook sizes, rigs etc. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts