World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Couple of us guys from Sussex may wonder over to Chesil (or what about Lulworth and area?) on Sunday.

What could we expect to catch now and where is the best place to park and fish or would we be better off and fish later on, say May? PM if you prefer.

Cheers

Neil

G

·
I understand that West Bexington is fishing better than Abbotsbury at the moment - Plaice are showing in good numbers and there are plenty of dogfish all along Chesil. Reports of the odd Hound too. Mackeral but not in large numbers. Parking at Bexi is easy right on the beach but get there early as there are noy many spaces - and you have to pay about £4/day I think.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Doggies at Abbotsbury - Lots!

Loadsa Spider crabs about and we pulled in the odd Hermit so a smoothie bait is probably worth a go!

·
Registered
596 Posts
how about West Bexington, West end. free car carpark, well it was last year.
nice hotel up the road. has a bar! and coffee lunch.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
The car park isn't free, it is small and often full and there is very limited parking in the village. Very few fish being caught at neighbouring Cogden, yesterday a match returned just two weighable fish (2 plaice at under a lb each) among 16 anglers. A few plaice and dogs coming out at West Bexington. I would not drive far to fish Chesil this weekend, the weekend after (15th) is the Chesil Champs match, that may give an indication of how the beach is fishing; last year it was scratching for any fish.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The car park isn't free, it is small and often full and there is very limited parking in the village. Very few fish being caught at neighbouring Cogden, yesterday a match returned just two weighable fish (2 plaice at under a lb each) among 16 anglers. A few plaice and dogs coming out at West Bexington. I would not drive far to fish Chesil this weekend, the weekend after (15th) is the Chesil Champs match, that may give an indication of how the beach is fishing; last year it was scratching for any fish.
Oh man, that is not what I wanted to hear today, need to get out next week but everything looks crap at the mo!

What about Lulworth area, worth plugging?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Dog's and Spider's... an angler's nightmare. I'm down abbs from friday morning till Sunday lunch time, that's a proper sesh!!
My mate is moving out to oz and this will be his last uk fishing trip so we're making the most of it...............at chesil :g: :g:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts