World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Just got myself a TTLD and was wondering what reel to pair it with. It will be used in mainly the summer months to fish close in for stuff at Dungie, but could come out any time of the year if I get on with it. Can it be used with a fixed spool for gentle lobs close in? I have Penn Fathoms at the mo, so could use these, but was wondering if I had missed anything else on the market that would go nicely with the kind of fishing I'm going to be doing with it.
Any suggestions would be gladly appreciated.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Any of the Penn 525 or 515 reels will pair nicely. Yep, you can use fixed spools on them. Some folk here just reverse the sliding reel seat when using f/s reels on them. Great rod and very versatile. Personally I would use Penn Squall 12 or 15.

·
Registered
264 Posts
The century reelseats don't work to well with the Penn reels had trouble geting the reels back off got some saltist 20s about same size as a 515 now have no trouble geting the reels off

G

·
I use a abu 5500 on my ttsmld for close (and not so close) good team work,although a small fixed spool would be ok even if the rod is rung for a multiplier......Alan

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Done a quick search and can't find an abu garcia 5500c in many shops. Are they like rocking horse poo, or am I being a bit think with my search?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts