·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Snowbee classic boot foot neoprene, can’t fault them (although I’ve nothing to compare to as they’re my first pair :))
Thanks joe!

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
If you genuinely need waders, they need to be breathable 'cos your always on the move imho.

Having said that,its surprising how often I stick mine on when there not really needed - ie I'm not wading....

Have had two sets of Scierra cc2's & 3's i think...first set were ok, second set rubbish....

Bear in mind that a decent set of salt water waders that last well, haven't been made yet from what I have read on here.

My current and by far the best waders I have had so far, have been a pair of repaired returns from Diver Dave - they were Vision Ikons.

Wading boots are even worse value, but that's another story. Treat both waders and boots as disposable I'm afraid....

Mart.

·
Registered
422 Posts
what are people wearing these days?

I have seen a daiwa pair which looked nice but any one with any other suggestions. Tried and tested so to say

https://poingdestres.co.uk/daiwa-hybrid-chest-waders.html

Thanks

I'd take a punt on those daiwas.
If you're fishing a venue that doesn't involve a hike then neoprene or pvc are fine. As mentioned if you intend on being mobile and walking long distances then breathable stocking foot with boots are far more comfortable. I wear a pair of waterproof bottoms over breathables, protecting the knees and ankles from nicks and scuffs when kneeling and wading in dirty water.
Buying a cheap pair of walking boots two sizes bigger than your usual size is a good substitute. Even with regular rinsing boots will disintegrate and any external zips will fail over time

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Treat both waders and boots as disposable I'm afraid....
Totally agree

Seems to me that breathables are really designed for fresh water and have been adopted for our saltwater Bassing because of the need to be quite mobile.They then are moaned about because they are less than totally waterproof over time.
Don't know why someone doesn't design something specifically for Saltwater (and mobility ) , Someone will eventually - and probably make a lot of money.
OR - maybe that would kill 'The Golden Goose' ?

Seems to me also that leaking problems occur on the whole range available irrespective of price.

Products are available to solve leaking problems quite successfully however not to be considered permanent.
see -
Waders leaking.
Both stocking feet on my Vision Heavy Havu waders are leaking now, after at least two years use. I put up with a soggy left foot since the back...
Thread by: Banksea, Jun 12, 2018, 21 replies, in forum: Bass Lure Fishing Forum

Taking the above into consideration I'd advise getting something around £100.00 - £125.00 from a reputable angling brand and live with possible disappointment - can always fix - before you get your next set :BigGrin:

I have scierra ones :barefoot: 2 seasons now and I plugged them up with aqua seal etc mentioned in the thread above (DorsetDan and WetWeatherWarrior - give golden advise here!).
I am happy with them as Ive never got anymore than damp upper thighs and for me ,most importantly, never wet feet!

Goodluck

Before you get to wading boots - I have cheap secondhand walking boots (from a leading bidding site) with supertrax studs (from best grip.com - other options are available).

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the reply’s. I’m thinking waders due to the nature of the shallow beaches of the solent.

That’s a good idea to put waterproof trousers on top for protection.

In a non pervy way what do you wear underneath?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Thanks for all the reply’s. I’m thinking waders due to the nature of the shallow beaches of the solent.

That’s a good idea to put waterproof trousers on top for protection.

In a non pervy way what do you wear underneath?

Temperature dictates either shorts, thin craghopper trousers, softshell trousers and even adding baselayers. Tight lines

·
Registered
320 Posts
Vass tex 305 breatble waders are pure quality i have done many many miles of walking and hundreds of sessions in a them and they just keep on going and going i higly recommend them.
The older version are quality the new versions I had earlier this year are rubbish had 2pairs and they both lasted about 6 hrs before they fell apart between the legs !!!! Not just me either that’s had problems with them

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
If all waders leak eventually which they seem to do, then get yourselves a pair of seal skinz waterproof socks!
Takes all the grimness out of having cold wet toes.

Reactions: rockhopper 1956

·
Registered
420 Posts
Seems this is a year old thread. Did you go with the Daiwa in the end Chris?

I'm looking for a pair myself and am Torn between the Daiwa Hybrid and Vass 700E. To my uninfromed view, the Daiwa seem to have nice features and might perhaps be a smidge more comfortable, but the Vass look absolutly bullet proof. I'm Drawn to the Daiwa for the look and quality brand experience, but equally, don't want to spend more than necessary and to also get the best pair for the money. Getting very hot and my body no longer regulating heat properly is another vote for the Daiwa. However, they are £35 more expensive and don't look anywhere near as robust as the Vass.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Go for the Vass 740E.
I’ve had mine 3 years now, used 3-4 times a week from mid-may to November.
They have 3 leaks that I hav’nt been bothered to fix, all self inflicted, 2 sets of trebles and a bush. Fixed two old treble leaks with a blob of silicone inside and out.
Used mostly over sand and shingle but also extensively over sharp flint reef. They’ve stood up to the flint fine!
One of my marks requires an 8 mile round trip walk, bit sweaty after that but I think you would be in anything considering the ground.
The sole is strong, comfy, grippy and true to size.
I couldn’t fault them in anyway.
I guess if I really tried I would say they may be a bit baggy but wearing a waist bag at all the time it’s never bothered me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts