World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
steve wood intends to sit in a bath of beans for two days over the weekend of june the 9/10th to raise more money for the r.n.l.i in the name of his late son,lee.
lee would have been 21 this year.
anyway,our beloved swansea city council have decided that they want £100 plus:schmoll: for public liability insurance,apparently,the money they have had to shell out for damages after people have slipped on baked beans on knab rock over the years have rocketed:icecream: maybe they could use the money to set up a refuge and councelling for the thousands of us who are severely affected after run ins with the various types of baked bean that are now ruining,what used to be a proud country.:giveup:
get a grip s,c,council.:uhuh:

hope you dont mind me posting this steve.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
That really takes the mick, the man is doing this for charity and not personal gain. You would think the council would wave the fee as it was for charity.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
or at the very least once the event is over and no claims are pending that they will refund the money paid to the charity......might be worth broaching that approach with them...

john

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,213 Posts
Do it somewhere else then! Plenty of councils would be pleased with the publicity, but there must be a venue where they already have PL insurance.

I have PL insurance, you could do it in my car! :D

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
how about asking if you can do it in teh restaruant by mumbles pier, they surely must already have pl and it would be a nice publicity stunt for them.

kelvin

G

·
Steve, when you read this, send me your address and I'll post you a donation.
i cant do anything yet lads i got to have pl insurance for 5 million pound.iv set up a web site to donate http://www.justgiving.com/rnlibathofbeans .i cant pay the insurance so lets wait and see wot my insurance company comes up with if i cant do this for lee and the rnli im going to the media and if any of you got a triple ladder im going to war on them ill sit on the guildhall roof for charity

·
England Team Captain
30,611 Posts
Get the story to the newspaper man,a swift change of tune is the usual result of bad publicity.

Fecking ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I appreciate what the council are saying those baked beans, especially the heinz variety are leathel. I got jumped by about 15 of them when I walking home the other night through an alley way. The little buggers stole my mobile phone, lol.

Health and safety my arse, good luck steve, I'll certainly donate, how many tins do you want, lol.

G

·
Get the story to the newspaper man,a swift change of tune is the usual result of bad publicity.

Fecking ridiculous.
my insurance company wants £110 for insurance.i am not paying this amount of money even if you ask me 57 heinz times.im going to the southwales evening post about this after i have put this post on here.lets hope someone will insure me and donate beans and a bath. so i can do this for lee and the rnli:schmoll: :schmoll: :schmoll:

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
just do it on the city hall doorstep, you will get mega coverage !!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
my insurance company wants £110 for insurance.i am not paying this amount of money even if you ask me 57 heinz times.im going to the southwales evening post about this after i have put this post on here.lets hope someone will insure me and donate beans and a bath. so i can do this for lee and the rnli:schmoll: :schmoll: :schmoll:
57 heinz times:roll1: :roll1: :roll1: :roll1:
its not a better joke than the council though ****ing idiots , as long as you clean up all them beans after your bath, whats the problem!!!!

G

·
57 heinz times:roll1: :roll1: :roll1: :roll1:
its not a better joke than the council though ****ing idiots , as long as you clean up all them beans after your bath, whats the problem!!!!
papers doing a story ringing me monday hope it goes in every paper round the country.if you know a local paper ring them if they want my number pm me and ill give it to you.im tamping:uhuh: :uhuh: :uhuh: :uhuh: :uhuh: :giveup:

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
papers doing a story ringing me monday hope it goes in every paper round the country.if you know a local paper ring them if they want my number pm me and ill give it to you.im tamping:

:punk: :punk: :punk: :punk:

:boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing:

go get em tiger:clap2:

·
England Team Captain
30,611 Posts
Wear your best dress for any photo's and I'll bung in another £20.:clap2:

1 - 20 of 78 Posts