World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is considered a big tide, i made a bait pump today from some 25 mm stainless tube i had lying around and want to try it out...

It says tomorrow high is 5.3 and low is 0.2 is this a big tide?

Thanks

·
Registered
229 Posts
what is considered a big tide, i made a bait pump today from some 25 mm stainless tube i had lying around and want to try it out...

Thanks
we are on spring tide at the moment,from tomorrow tides will be getting smaller

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Approx two sets of big tides a month and two sets of small tides a month.(usually alternating each week approx)Here its big tides this weekend and getting smaller as the week goes untill small tides next weekend,then the following week the tides will build again to become big tides on that weekend. Its going to be big then small tides on alternating weekends now until October when the tides on the weekends of 12th and 19th will be both medium size and the following two weekends will be medium size tides too. Tide times and heights vary around the country so its best to check the local data.
Big tides are just that...the biggest tides that month....usually two sets of big tides approx 2 weeks apart.With the smaller tides in between.

·
Banned
15,040 Posts

Thanks
Not here, a big tide here is 14m+ lol

·
Registered
542 Posts

Thanks[/QUOTE]

if you live in south shields it doesnt get much bigger

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
went to tynemouth, cullercoats, st marys, blyth and the gave up at cambois couldnt find a single worm cast to try me new pump!!!!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
unlucky m8 but 0.2 mtre tide is 1 of the biggest spring tides 4 this summer.
there r a few 0.4 mtre tides in a few weeks 2 m8 so u will get another chance:clap:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Not sure if it works this way all around the country but in the Mersey when high tide coincides with either mid day or mid night, they will be the bigger tides for the month

:bye1:

Just checked... you're the opposite to us on the West coast, your big tides all coincide with high tide around 5 or 6 o'clock (morning and evening), hope that helps

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i ended up at boulmer to try it, the only ones i could get were cut in half, i think ill make a larger one till i get the knack of where to position it and the angle as obvioulsy i was cutting straight through them

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ive seen that before, it says put the pump 3 -4 inches away from the cast at 20 degrees other sites say 6 inches at 20 degrees and others say directly over the cast vertically, i tried all three.

if you do it away from the cast and imagine a 3 - 4 inch diameter circle around the cast, does it matter where on this circle you place the pump?

Also when i was at boulmer, i ended up using the fork, someone who was cuttin gthe grass next to the car park came on the beach and just stood looking at us, we were like "whats his problem?"

When we got back to the car we saw the map of areas where u shouldnt dig so if any1 on here saw a pair of TWA** digging up their beach last week - very sorry, wont happen again!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts