World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
definetely.. but u r better going 2 hours b4 low water and 2 to 3 hours bak up.. bass r there i have had a few lately on squid.. or rag tipped with squid.. trust me they r there. u may lose some tackle,, so dont use grip weights,, good luk// i am usually there.. but workin 2moro.. cant miss me,, ginger hair,, heehee..

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
john dory how did u do.. let me no,, u had decent weather i think. we had our bass but also some conger around 5lb and 1 or 2 silvers.. weather changing 4 the worse 2 moro.. but if i am rained off in work i will av a go.. talk soon. chow.........

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Poacher,
not a bad night's fishing, couldn't make the low so fished up 3 hours and down 2. Weather was great, maybe too good!? Had plenty of Whiting and pout (2 pout over a pound!). Some of the fish were in a bad condition (one whiting only had one eye and some strange markings) maybe there were some conger/big cod or bass lurking. Baits were lug/rag & squid, worms being the best. not many rigs lost (pulley) but when the tide reached high and started running back found it hard to hold the bottom. No cod/codling yet though!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well done m8,
going this afternoon so, hopefully get my first as well.
Where we're you fishin / tide / bait? (don't want much i know)

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
FISHING BY THE BOTTOM OF CLIFF IF U GO IN BY THE SPAR SHOP. AND GO DOWN CLIFF WHERE SCAFFOLDING BARS R, DO U NO THAT WAY M8....

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah know the path with scaffolding, think they call it the sewer. Had a few goog fish down there on the low tide (medium). conger & bass in the summer and the usual suspects in the winter. hard going on a strong tide with the takle.

·
Registered
370 Posts
John, hi

could you please tell me how to get to the Rannys
also have you fished Penarth pier, is it worth a visit?

bye

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
penarth pier usually packed, but they do catch all sorts, u can get to the ranny down lavernock road, turn into fort road, go down the country lane pass the caravan park. and go 2 the end of road where theres a gate. walk down there and u come 2 the beach, go up beach to the left as far as u want. or u have lavernock as well sand around 2 the right..

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
ground rough. lose some tackle, i personally dont use grip weights as u lose a few on low water. as far as what road 2 take. where r u coming from,if u r that unsure just drive 2 penarth on sea front and ask a local where the ranny is. u sound like u r not from anywhere near this area, bit as i say tell us where u r, and if not me, 1 of the lads on here will guide u m8....

·
Registered
370 Posts
hi,

i live in rhoose, i know the area quite well, but never fished penarth at all, went to the pier on saturday came back with 1 whiting and 1 pouting not anything big though.
i now know where lavernock road is, and i may go next saturday.]
thanks

1 - 20 of 26 Posts