World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive just bought a boat from a guy in co. cavan. he told me its an orkney but he power hosed off the orkney sticker. the boats 15ft and the beams about 6ft but i didnt think orkney made a 15ft boat. it is similar to an orkney strikeliner but thats a 16. ive attatched a pic. can anyone identify it?

Attachments

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Looks like the old Orkney Longliner to me, good boats!
blueskip

·
Registered
208 Posts
Think it is the longliner or similar. Looks like my old one, had hours of fun with her. she fishes the locks of scotland now, bless her cold up there lol.

Did try to put a pic of the longliner up but its too big @ 392kb

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what length was the longliner, this boats 15ft exactly.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Looks like Fishing Fifteen, doesn't it a makers plate somewhere inside the transom

·
Banned
132 Posts
doggy hater said:
Think it is the longliner or similar. Looks like my old one, had hours of fun with her. she fishes the locks of scotland now, bless her cold up there lol.

Did try to put a pic of the longliner up but its too big @ 392kb

email to me and i will resise it and put it up here if you want

chazz

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hold on ill check the transom for a plate

·
Registered
413 Posts
I think you might find it's a Arran Boat which are nearly an exact copy of the Longliner, As mentioned if it's an Orkney, it will have a brass plate fitted to the inside of the stern.

Steve

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
theres definatly no makers plate on the transom. and im pretty sure orkney never made a 15. has anyone any info on the arran boats. hoping to take her out in the next couple of weeks. ive to get some steering sorted out too

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ive just looked up arran boats on the web and i can only find them in a 16ft model, do they make a 15?

·
Registered
413 Posts
http://www.arranboats.co.uk/page2.html Try this link Fergal.
Also alot of boat makers quote the length, as the overall length. This normaly is not the water line length, could this be the difference between the 15 and 16 feet? I'm not sure. What I do know is either the Orkney or the Arran boats are great sea worthy boats. I had a Longliner for a couple of years and found it great apart from being a bit slow.

Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i messured from the transom where i put on the outboard, up the boat and out through the cuddy hatch window to the anchor roller and got 15 exactly. i sent a pic to a guy at arran boats and he says it not one of those. cant wait to get out in her

·
Registered
673 Posts
A company called Robert Ives used to make a fishing 15 which looked very similar to yours. Were based on the south coast (christchurch I think) but dont think they are still in business

Martin

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ive found out its a dellquay fisher 15 made by the shetland boat company. theres one for sale on ebay

·
Registered
1 Posts
:)
fergal said:
ive just bought a boat from a guy in co. cavan. he told me its an orkney but he power hosed off the orkney sticker. the boats 15ft and the beams about 6ft but i didnt think orkney made a 15ft boat. it is similar to an orkney strikeliner but thats a 16. ive attatched a pic. can anyone identify it?
Hi, Just to let you know that the boat you have bought is a dellquay fisher 15,
I know this as I own one myself.You don't see many about it took me ages to find one.
In my opinion they are a far better sea boat than the orkney. Mine is powered by a 15hp outboard which pushes it at about 10 knots. Just so you know the boats where built at dellquay in Emsworth, which is in Sussex UK. All the best

Lowie

1 - 19 of 19 Posts