World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Withthe hound season coming to an end at Selsey and the cod season still a few months away, what is everybody going to do between these seasons?

G

·
Withthe hound season coming to an end at Selsey and the cod season still a few months away, what is everybody going to do between these seasons?
I'll carry on catching bass for as long as I can, with a bit of sole fishing mixed in.

Sod the codling, we have all winter and spring to catch those.

What is it with everyone, wishing the lovely summer weather and fishing away in favour of wet and windy beach fishing?

·
Registered
842 Posts
gonna try for bass and sole if there are any about.....on rod for bass and a scratching rod aimed at sole....also wana try get some mackeral for the freezer and try livebaiting as iv never really had any luck keeping the poxy things alive...how long do the bass stay aroiund for till end september???

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Well Jason, it's going to have to be Bass, Sole and Mullet!
Definitly not Flounder off of Thorpe Bay, if there is any.

·
Registered
311 Posts
same as usual.....feed crabs ha.goin down to devon in couple weeks,campin, shootin rabbits on an amazing fishin mark.deep water straight out(dogs,smuts, mackerel,bass) 15foot of steep rocks to fish at low tide (wrasse,conger)sandy flats to theright.
Long quarry point,walls hill torquay devon(would google link but i is unable ha).250 foot climb down a cliff though,well worn path
oooooh, daydreaming
wot about urself mate?
glenn

·
Registered
311 Posts
Well Jason, it's going to have to be Bass, Sole and Mullet!
Definitly not Flounder off of Thorpe Bay, if there is any.
hello ed(sounds like an old music group...Bass sole an mullet ha)
big mullet marks just off canvey point today(doubles,noon)and a few bigguns splashing around as i was packing up early yesterday morning
ian off the Growler said to use harbour rag 4 mullet(late summer)
how though? cheers
glenn

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
hello ed(sounds like an old music group...Bass sole an mullet ha)
big mullet marks just off canvey point today(doubles,noon)and a few bigguns splashing around as i was packing up early yesterday morning
ian off the Growler said to use harbour rag 4 mullet(late summer)
how though? cheers
glenn
You'll need to hold them in just one place, Maddies are the best though float fished on a size 6 carp hook.
Plenty to be had at Battlesbridge if you can get a spot, with bread.
Early morning or late evening tide the best

Good Luck!!

·
Registered
311 Posts
You'll need to hold them in just one place, Maddies are the best though float fished on a size 6 carp hook.
Plenty to be had at Battlesbridge if you can get a spot, with bread.
Early morning or late evening tide the best

Good Luck!!
nice 1 ed,good luck urself too

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I'm going after trigger fish, shoot more foxes and deer, go casting, make more leads and rigs then count the days before the codling come in.
Trouble is my sea fishing is now based around cod and smoothounds. I'm not really fussed with any other species anymore.:fish:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts