World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, off on holiday to the Dingle in early june. Staying near Ballydavid. Whats likely to be caught at that time of the year and what baits are recommended. Just after variety really. Any tips

·
Registered
220 Posts
I will be there early June too.The fishing is usually very good the rocks at slea or dunmore head will produce pollack wrasse odd coalies and mackerel.Beach marks like Castlegregory should produce Rays and dogfish,the lighthouse at Dingle itself has always produced good numbers of thornbacks for me casting into the channel.The marina in dingle holds lots of congers some very large 50lb+ they are very easy to catch ( the small ones anyway!!)just lob out the head and guts of a Mackerel and wait for a take.Inch strand is worth a look the car park end for lots of flounders and odd sea trout a mile or so up produces flounders small plaice,turbot and dabs and nearer the end can throw up good sized thornbacks.Bass can be caught all along Inch but it will be the close season until 15th June.I myself will be mainly targeting stingray and tope from the beach.Best baits for the rays is sandeel or fresh mackerel.Harback or peeler crab for the wrasse,I prefer to spin for the pollack using large redgills I find light colours work best,Lug tipped mackerel is in my opinion the best bait for inch strand.Best of luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts