World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down to Anderby Creek today and saw a strange looking structure on the beach nearer Moggs Eye. Does anyone know what it is? It looks good for fishing off.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hi snagmagnet!! I saw that last week too! My first thought was the same as yours - wow what a fishing platform!!!!! According to my son it is to do with the dedging up of the sand a little way of-shore and putting it back on the beach. Lousy news for the fisherman with all that disturbance etc.,but, in the short-term it is supposed to be good (?) for the holidaymaker, and tourists who visit the nearby resorts.
What really upset me was the sheer number of good quality fish, especially thornbacks,that were dredged up and pumped out and dumped dead on the beach. Come to think of it, I still can't work out why the powers that be chose to do away with the breakwaters a few years ago anyway.
Now I've got my resentment out of the way I would like to add that I am planning a trip to Moggs Eye in the next day or so and if I feel up to it I'll have wander down the beach and do a bit of nosing about!! I'll let you know if I find out.
THANK COD FOR FISHING!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
the jetty at moggs is for the boat to come to at high tide for mail and milk and food it used to have a gate so you carnt go down it

·
Registered
248 Posts
M8 is going out in his boat with a fish finder to see whats around the structure, would imagine its a good fish holding area like a pier. Will post what he finds out. Tight lines Rob.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts