Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the best baitcasting multiplier on the market

my bdays coming up and i think i will buy a new one :D

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Probably something like this, which will be hard to beat

SHIMANO CALAIS DC

however the price tag of £574.99 mighty stretch you a bit - what's the budget?

·
Registered
248 Posts
7ht mag for me....although the original 7ht's are awsome at a fraction of the price :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Is it a baitcaster or beach multiplier you're looking for Sean?
would also have asked this:
what do you wanna use it for?
Have a look at the avets. Really nice US Reels.
For the beach me myself I do like my PENN 525 super extra mags best... :fishing1:

Cheers
TOm

·
Registered
798 Posts
The shimano only has ten ball bearings while the daiwa has eleven so the daiwa wins...although the shimano does contain a casting computer...:clap:

The biggest diff is the daiwa has a lot of magnesium and weighs 5.7 oz, while the shimano is 9.5 oz.

I'd get the Daiwa.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
a bit off-topic - sorry

I know that short range is good for certain lure fishing scenarios -

but as an alround surf based lure reel (to cover all situations) i prefer F/S to baitcasters - which usually come with level wind (an effective brake)

generally F/S are ess expensive too - not sure of advantages of baitcasters?

al

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
for me its gat to be a penn 525 mag for general use or a 6500 florida for flattie bashing and scratching around

·
Registered
728 Posts
Stick with ABU they have been around a lifetime and are still the best. They do a model to suit everyone
Used ABUs for 30 years and until recently I would have agreed with every word. Then I tried a 7 HT Mag, blew me away.

·
Registered
8,647 Posts
Hi Gents
We still don't know if its a baitcasting or beach multiplier we are commenting on, or have I missed something.

·
Registered
262 Posts
The write ups on the 7ht millionaires seem pretty convincing I have to admit I am looking at buying one.
but not sure if they are worth the £170 ish price tag.
if the advanced brake on these is so good i am pretty sure others will reverse engineer and it will soon be found on lower price reel soon.

Although compaired to some fly reels which are only looks and light weight the 7ht millionaires multi mags are very good value technically and price wise
tl graylinghunter

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
The write ups on the 7ht millionaires seem pretty convincing I have to admit I am looking at buying one.
but not sure if they are worth the £170 ish price tag.
if the advanced brake on these is so good i am pretty sure others will reverse engineer and it will soon be found on lower price reel soon.

Although compaired to some fly reels which are only looks and light weight the 7ht millionaires multi mags are very good value technically and price wise
tl graylinghunter
It's not that good. I've just swapped one for a 525 Supermag Extra. The only thing wrong with the 7Ht Mag is the mag. It shortens the cast. The weight gets to the top of the arc then seams to fall out of the sky. I think it's because the mags are strongest when the spool gets to full speed. Just when you need the mag to drop back a bit as the weight is no longer accelerating but is at constant speed. I can get much further with the 525. The 7HT is a very smooth reel though.

Si

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
sorry guys its a beach multipier my bad lol

·
Registered
262 Posts
It's not that good. I've just swapped one for a 525 Supermag Extra. The only thing wrong with the 7Ht Mag is the mag. It shortens the cast. The weight gets to the top of the arc then seams to fall out of the sky. I think it's because the mags are strongest when the spool gets to full speed. Just when you need the mag to drop back a bit as the weight is no longer accelerating but is at constant speed. I can get much further with the 525. The 7HT is a very smooth reel though.

Si
might part with some pennies on the 525 currently using an okuma 20 cs which to be fair is pretty good especially for £60

1 - 20 of 49 Posts