World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well lads , thinking of heading to greenock tomorrow, to see if the mackerel are in the area yet, looking for an early fill of my bait freezer.

whats the chances of it ?

i know its a bit early , but i have had one in loch fyne earlier this year and seen another caught in ft william and heard of others elsewhere, with this warmer weather iv gotta give it a go , if anything it'l get me outa the house for a few hours.

al

·
Registered
137 Posts
One of the guys from work landed a couple of macs down the rocks north of Largs last week.
Im sure you will get summit, probably only one or two for a gut load of effort though.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers craig, ill gie it a go .

if i dont post a report then you know iv had sod all.

al

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
hi al if yer gonna try for some early ones try a headland somewhere with a bit of tide you never know might just be a few about :g: :)

·
Registered
234 Posts
they always show early at mackinroys or cloch lighthouse
anybody know if you can fish at McInroes point yet?, last time i was there you couldnt get there for the building works

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
there is no fishing at mcinroys now , the new layout of the place does not leave any room for anglers.

al

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
gave it a wee bash this morning , 3 hrs dragging all sorts of feather and tinsel strings through the water , sore back and arms and no fish to show for it .

ill try again an a couple of weeks.

al

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
aye daz.

it was pretty windy at greenock this morning and it started raining too. that was enough for me and i packed up and came home .

al

·
Registered
423 Posts
now, now Adeys, that's called cheating. :)

i was going to buy a couple of bream from the mongers and take them to anster - pretending i'd caught them there! :g: was to be an excellent april fools. :g:

i'm sure you will soon be into them - a high tide and a sunny evening should do it. i remember fishing at Macelroy's Point (sp) one summer - ye gods - it was a total 'nedfest'. i have to say that they were ok even let me squeeze in (and it was a squeeze - about 20 people fishing that 30 metre stretch of rocks). bearing in mind i have an english accent that was no mean feat.

am i right in thinking they take a while longer to reach the east coast!?

Blenny

1 - 14 of 14 Posts