World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Master Blanker
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me the difference between the abu 6500ct sport mag and the mag elites....what are the better ones? :confused:

·
Registered
11,184 Posts
the sportsmag has the mag adjustment slide around the rim of the side plate, the older green model has just a smaller slide on top of the side plate and the sports mag does look a lot better. ive heard that the problem with the sports mag is because you have a longer slide area they are prone to getting sand lodged under it and the older model performs just as well and is cheaper.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
The Mag Elite has a different spool mounting set up in the left hand side plate and will cast better than the Sports mag due to this feature as well as having fewer magnets on the carrier.

If you look after both reels they will be excellent. Note that the Mag Elite does not have the brake blocks fitted but they are supplied with the reel and will make it Very controllable if fitted.

Regards
Jeremy

·
Master Blanker
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers guys, i have just won a bid on ebay for a sport mag, so i just wanted to know what they are like :)

·
Master Blanker
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
brand new still boxed, for.................................£45.00. im well happy :D

·
Registered
423 Posts
hi just to let you know 3 times my sports mag has gone back to the shop,because the slider breaks,sorry but i still prefer my mag elites

·
Registered
51 Posts
Have had my sports mag for a couple of years now and had no problems at all, just give it a good rinse after i get back (especially round base of reel seat) and occasional service.

·
Registered
297 Posts
i thought there might be problems with the mag slider on the sports mag. so i bought the orange mag elite no problems with them. if only abu made the 7000 s with mag breakes now that would be great. cheers andy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts