World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody tell me the difference between the Pro and Premier Abu Conolon 12lb boat rod?

Been looking for the PREMIER as it's so highly rated but now have been offered a PRO; is the pro as good as the premier?

see here Conolon PRO rod seems to have a 'twist and lock' butt extension which the premier didn't have. But is the blank just as good as the premier and there doesn't seem to be the 12lb rod which is what I'm looking for?

If I can't sort this out can anybody suggest a good similar rod 12lb up to £80; absolute max.

Cheers - Jack

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Jack Cant help with the Abu question, but I can recommend both of the 15lb boat rods I have, one is the Ron Thompson, Hardcore, Navigator 7' 6" plenty of balls for bigger fish but absolutely great for bream/bass bottom fishing, I also have the Shakespeare Ugly Stik "Solo" another 15lb Class with plenty of "grunt" if needed.
I paid £43 for the Solo last week in Mainwarings (down from £79), & I paid £52 for the Ron Thompson in Country Stores, Gowerton, last season (Brian will do a deal on his braces if you asked him).
They are both excellent light boat rods, & for £80 I would want a boat thrown in as well!!!!!!!
blueskip

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
blueskip said:
Jack Cant help with the Abu question, but I can recommend both of the 15lb boat rods I have, one is the Ron Thompson, Hardcore, Navigator 7' 6" plenty of balls for bigger fish but absolutely great for bream/bass bottom fishing, I also have the Shakespeare Ugly Stik "Solo" another 15lb Class with plenty of "grunt" if needed.
I paid £43 for the Solo last week in Mainwarings (down from £79), & I paid £52 for the Ron Thompson in Country Stores, Gowerton, last season (Brian will do a deal on his braces if you asked him).
They are both excellent light boat rods, & for £80 I would want a boat thrown in as well!!!!!!!
blueskip
Thanks Blueskip,

Very useful info; I'll check them out. Might get a pair for £80 :D

Don't think we'll need 'em for Saturday :mad:

Cheers - Jack

1 - 4 of 4 Posts