World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,
I have two questions for the knowlegable out there, firstly,,, what difference is there in two stroke oil for motorbikes and marine two stroke oil.?? next one is what mix should be used for force 120 hp outboards made by mercury marine 50-1 or 25-1?? thanks folks,
Alistair,, :unsure:

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Marine is blue the others brown.

Well actually marine engines run a bit cooler than air or watercooled bikes so the oil is formulated to suit that requirement.

You need to phone a Mercury dealer and quote the engine number to be certain to get the right mix, but my opinion is tha 50/1 will be OK but that's only my opinion not a certainty.

Afishionado

·
Banned
820 Posts
Hi Folks,
I have two questions for the knowlegable out there, firstly,,, what difference is there in two stroke oil for motorbikes and marine two stroke oil.?? next one is what mix should be used for force 120 hp outboards made by mercury marine 50-1 or 25-1?? thanks folks,
Alistair,, :unsure:
There was a very interesting discussion on this very topic recently on the forum. If you use the search facility you will find it.

Had a browse. Here it is. http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57565&highlight=two+stroke+oil

1 - 3 of 3 Posts