World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious question, just wanted to know what rod by zziplex is the stiffest out of them all?

·
Banned
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers, thought it might of bin the hst evo
But the zetech is a very stiff rod, my mate uses one for conger fishing and conger fishing only lol.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'd of gone for my mates Tri core you could sit on the butt and it still wouldn't bend.

·
Banned
5,324 Posts
IMHO the hst is soft as crap to compared to the zetech. The zetech txl ain't a rod u can just grab and cast as it needs a good technique to get the best out of it.
Tbd txl gt is amazing bit of kit. Shows gnat farts at 100 yards due to glass tip.
If u miss judge or time your cast the txl gt is more forgiving than the standard txl with carbon tip.
Bullet international is a very stiff rod

·
Banned
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers chaps, I've owned a hst evo before and thought it was kind of stiff, no where near as stiff as my mates zetech tho, animal of a rod

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
mmm but if you cant bend it you cant send it mind

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Zeteque EVO is stiffer again!! A few NE lads use them for pulling the plug out.

My mate uses a 30% stiffer TTR. It's a joke rod!! A bite off a cod lifts the butt!!

·
Registered
360 Posts
how the hell is a hst soft as **** compared to anything, apart from a scaffold pole ! im really confused as the hst in the right hands done over 300 yds didnt it ? always thought they were pretty pokey .........

as for the stiffest zziplex , with so many beefed up one offs done for casters etc who knows

·
Registered
22,458 Posts
IMHO the hst is soft as crap to compared to the zetech. The zetech txl ain't a rod u can just grab and cast as it needs a good technique to get the best out of it.
Tbd txl gt is amazing bit of kit. Shows gnat farts at 100 yards due to glass tip.
If u miss judge or time your cast the txl gt is more forgiving than the standard txl with carbon tip.
Bullet international is a very stiff rod
Officer Doofey?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.