World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this question only applies to the uk.
the strangest thing ive was an octopus while fishing off barry last november i would guess it weighed about 2lb.
im sure you can come up with something better than that.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Caught a seagull once. I cast out me half a mackerel and as soon as my bait hit the water, the b*gg*r swooped down and flew off with it. Gave me one hell of a scrap. Like flying a flipping great kite. It took me about 5 minutes to "land" it. Felt a right pillock because I had to get a spectator to help me release it. :eek:

·
Registered
737 Posts
caught a pig once when i used to crew for a charter boat damn thing stunk

S

·
0 Posts
Owch pottsy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I caught a surfer on Llangennith beach during a night session good fight on 15 lb line.
Also a pair of skimpy knickers which had crabs holding on to it? Uuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrggghh

P

·
0 Posts
shaggy said:
caught a star fish on sunday.shaggy
Caught one of those a couple of weeks ago, quite a few were being caught.

I was there when someone caught a rock, weighing about 1 1/2lb, he "claimed" it was fighting him. I was there when he caught it.

Caught a few seagulls.

I might have caught a few fish as well?? Now that is strange!

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
One of my mates fished Ogmore beach near the estuary back a few weeks ago and thought he was into a real good fish until it came up about 20 yards out and he could see he had caught a dead sheep!!

I even saw the photo - his lead had got tangled somwhere in the sheeps insides which were hanging out so he cut his trace off. :eek:

He said it smelt real bad - smellier than a smelly thing :mad:

·
Registered
550 Posts
My dad caught a 5lb cuttle fish a few years back, I think it was from the Brean down area.

We have a pic somewhere I'll try to find it and post it.

Tight lines

Mike

·
Registered
200 Posts
I caught a boot once, while boat fishing off Penarth. Its something always shown in fishing cartoons but they are hardly ever really caught. I was in a competition so I tried to weigh it in as a "Sole" and "eel" but the weigh in official had no sence of humour :)

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I caught a speedboat on a handline once when I was a kid in Sydney. This flash idiot in a speedboat came roaring in too close to the pier we were fishing off and caught my line in its prop. There must heve been a good hundred yards of line wrapped around his propellor by the time it jammed tight and the motor seized up and leaving him completely stranded out in the bay. God he looked stupid. Everyone on the pier was laughing at him. What made it even funnier is he had his missus in the boat and she was screaming at him for being such a plonker for the next couple of hours while he tried to untangle the unholy mess. I don't know what happened after that. It was getting late so we all packed up and went home and left them to it.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I caught the dingy out of penarth yacht club, the idiot driving seen about 4 of us were fishing by the groins he drove ten yards off shore right in front of us i was the unlucky one to hook up holding on to my brand new rod for dear life as it riped line off my reel had to cut my line before it the rod was pulled out of my hand. To top it off the cheek b....r sent a kid down with my 250yrds of birdied line.

I also caught a MOTER PIKE over the foreshore it was,nt wheely that big thow landed it but it still cost me a rig

1 - 20 of 32 Posts