World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a replacement wheel for a Plastimo PRD260 tender, anyone have an idea who might be able to supply? Last time I needed one I struggled and it took about six months to get one of the two I ordered!

·
Registered
11,701 Posts
What I've done when I wanted a Plastimo part (fuel system bits though) is locate it on the Plastimo site and whilst they won't supply you direct, you can then contact a chandler who deals with them (every chandler in the country?) - once you've done the leg work for them and can give them a catalogue number, it makes it easy for them to order it in for you.

Yes the chandler should do this for you, but my experience was that trying to explain what I wanted and getting them to find it was like pulling teeth - you know what they say about if you want a job done properly...

·
Registered
9,539 Posts
Try here:
Trolley Wheels, Rubber Wheels, Boat Wheels, Boat Launching Trolley Wheels, Wheelchair Wheels, Sandhopper Wheels and more from UK suppliers Ross Handling Ltd.

Branded marine parts catalogues like Plastimo don't manufacture, they buy in and package up, or they may have products made to their design. For low volume items like wheels (how many boat owners need wheels?) I expect they buy in standard items. Look for industrial wheels and castors on Google if that link doesn't have what you need. Even Screwfix have some.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies.
I will give that a go Clinker.
Salar, good idea but the wheels aren't really like that.

·
Registered
9,539 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I will give that a go Clinker. Salar, good idea but the wheels aren't really like that.
You can download the catalogue as an App. However, the tender wheels are not listed as spares, you may have to find nylon caster wheels and make a block of them. Page 140 in the catalogue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts