World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Master Blanker
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me please, when the cod will be in nr bristol(portished area). i have never caught one, and i have been told that this is the best place to break my duck. any comments please :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
they should start in the autumn and continue through untill early spring. but if its like this side of the channel they didn't show at all in the winter and small fish up to 3lb have been showing in the last 2 months to the boys fishing for hounds and sole, hopefully these will stay around all summer and move further up the channel to redwick area as this usually shows first around september time, they should be pushing 3-4lb by then.

·
Master Blanker
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks seymoor..... i determined to break my duck this year :)

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
Last winter i found lots of small codling on our side of the channel. Caught loads up to 2lb (all returned) from various marks......Redwick, Penarth, Sker for example.

Hopefully others were doing the same and unless the nets had 'em should be bigger next winter :)

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Ches,

Codling, show around Brean Down any time from mid Oct - late Mar. They re of not great size, 1/2lb-2lb but it might break your duck

Woodster

·
Master Blanker
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks woodster, do you fish brean at all. i went there on holiday last year, and the beaches look like mudflats and the tide goes out miles. is there a safe mark to fish? :)

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
chesilmaster said:
thanks woodster, do you fish brean at all. i went there on holiday last year, and the beaches look like mudflats and the tide goes out miles. is there a safe mark to fish? :)
Ches,Our Best Tactic for Fishing Brean Down is fish the tide in (line backing) we fish with 2 rods cast out one and leave it and use the 2nd rod as a casting rod have had some good fish this year.

Woodster

PS PM us for more info?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts