·
Freeloader
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been looking back through the posts of when the earlyest wrasse hit nuek area

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Certainly May but maybe late April. If the weather is warm and calm im sure it will bring them in earlier from wherever they are!! I think it will be too early at the moment.

Hopefully im wrong cause im probably going to give it a go this weekend!!

·
Freeloader
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yup loads or especially pittenweem my best is 24 wrasse in 4 hr session i ran out of lugs

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
We've found that the arbroath area (or specifically the marks we fish) arent that good for wrasse. But there are a few secret spots that produce some good fish.

Suppse this is in comparison to the east neuk, when some days all you'll catch is wrasse. Some really decent fish too. The east neuk is definatly the place to go.

·
Freeloader
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We've found that the arbroath area (or specifically the marks we fish) arent that good for wrasse. But there are a few secret spots that produce some good fish.

Suppse this is in comparison to the east neuk, when some days all you'll catch is wrasse. Some really decent fish too. The east neuk is definatly the place to go.
theres a secret spot i wanna try in summer looks very wrassey think you'll know the spot marty

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
sometimes you get them in plague proportions up the east coast in the summer months ,if your targeting them a very good bait is the limpit ,the foot is very tough so you wont get bait robbed from poddleys , venue wise all the way up the east coast will produce fish but my personal no 1 spot for them is fifeness point .

mark:)

ps forgot to add going by my old fishing diary you can catch them from the end of may and the best months seem to be round july to august ,iv had fish upto5lbs in those last 2 months .

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Plenty at the breakwater in summer dave- in fact had them from May to dec up to 3lb + Great fun on the float or freeline...

·
Freeloader
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
realy findus i know a bloke who live down the road by me says he catches wrasse he only uses mackrel for bait think he often fishes the wall you may of seen him

usaly has a green honda

1 - 11 of 11 Posts