World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received my Patchinko today in the post (thanks Mick) and seen as the sea was calm and clear it would have been rude not to give it a go. Got to the mark and fished the water back down but to no avail.....nothing for nearly five hours. We put every lure we had out and no takes, until the Patchinko did the business. First cast and a straight hit out of the water, a lovely flash of silver too only a poundish but my first take on the surface...what a buzz.

Threw it out a couple of more times and...a miss on the surface, paused and another miss....my heart was pumping. A few more casts and a boil right a my feet before I lifted the lure out, saw the back and tail flick round the lure...we couldn't believe our eyes.

My mate put his new Sebille top surface lure on and he got a hit, unreal, this was more than making up for the five hours of no takes, after about 15 minutes of activity it went dead again. We were more than happy, theres something special about a take on the surface....or even a miss/boil on the water.

Heres a few pictures of this evenings activity.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If only I'd hooked the misses and the boil at my feet......I thought it was moby dick!:doh:

·
Registered
123 Posts
I, the ones that get away are always the biggest mate. The take for the one that didn't get away was the best ive seen it was so aggressive. You didn't mention the other monster you lost off the feed shallow.

:laugh:

You saw the best of the action today mate it was a 10 minute frenzy, can't wait for our next trip.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts