World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a few yaers ago well 2 i had a load of turbot but cant remember when in the year if any one can help that will be good as i am sure its around this time of year :g:

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
a few yaers ago well 2 i had a load of turbot but cant remember when in the year if any one can help that will be good as i am sure its around this time of year :g:
we have been having the odd one biggest around a lb from puts through the winter mate

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hey Rich, a guy told me the other day that he has caught a lot of turbot around this time of year along whitsand. I think he was catching them from sharrow. Not entirely sure because he didn't know what it was called but it sounded like he was describing sharrow.

Not sure if that helps or not but I wouldn't mind getting out and catching one.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts

cant help onthe boat but i have been catching the occasional small turbot out of north devon most months of the year from the beach.had a few in summer in daylight too when the surf was pounding but nothing over a 1lb.infact the biggest ive seen from the beaches is the one i had at croyde in jan/feb.seems like the bay here is a nursery for em?.and are bycatch when were after ray or bass.:)

·
Registered
866 Posts
i had some end off april to begining off may last year just looked in me book at your fav plaice

·
Registered
326 Posts
Rich
Mid April onwards mate, have two tried and tested marks :secret:

Are you still up for a Plaice session next month?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Lots of small turbot are being caught on the Welsh side of the Channel so they should be with you as well!

·
Official Jokes Forum Examiner
61,171 Posts
should be anytime now , i reckon :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts