World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously these is a lot of Mackerels about but no plaice or flounders. I was fishing for any flat fish yesterday 2hrs before and after the high tide but nothing caught. My both rods set up on 2 hook flappers with black lugworms top up with squid. Not a single bite from flatties only mackerels were caught. Any ideas where did they go, to deep waters or rivers, what you reckon? Anybody has caught plaice or flounder or dab or sole in last few days ?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Had Plaice in daylight and Sole after dark on Chesil on Monday, but you need to get away from the crowds and fish at distance, as a flattie I imagine the last thing you want is a constant bombardment of weights and feathers dragged over you.

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
Obviously these is a lot of Mackerels about but no plaice or flounders. I was fishing for any flat fish yesterday 2hrs before and after the high tide but nothing caught. My both rods set up on 2 hook flappers with black lugworms top up with squid. Not a single bite from flatties only mackerels were caught. Any ideas where did they go, to deep waters or rivers, what you reckon? Anybody has caught plaice or flounder or dab or sole in last few days ?
Some crackers on chesil!
20190713_200440.jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts