World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent most of last night on Puts, fished it from 8pm until 3 am.
Armed with Black stinky horrible Lug, Squid, Sandeel, Rag and Crab

Result=Not a touch, not a bite, I even got the waders on and plugged for Bass for well over an hour leaving the 2 rods on the stand behind me.

I lived in Cornwall last year and must say the Fishing was never this poor, I blanked the odd time but this is every week for the last 6!

I'm not slating Devon it may well be the same in Cornwall this year but its like there are super trawlers/Pair Trawlers working the whole coastline, something just does not add up.

Reading the posts on here there are a few struggling, I have tried several locations from Watermouth down to Westward Ho! Nothing!

Help, I just want a fish or 2...........:cry:

·
Registered
553 Posts
Its not been that good down here but I'm picking up the odd fish, I'm buying a kayak soon so I will be able to target more spots :boat: think its the future of angling, and you get fit at the same time.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its not been that good down here but I'm picking up the odd fish, I'm buying a kayak soon so I will be able to target more spots :boat: think its the future of angling, and you get fit at the same time.
I have just sold my Kayak in order to raise some funds for a boat.
Prowler Ocean Kayak ride on top 15ft 4 I think it was.

Great fun and I once went from Padstow to Boscatle some 8 nautical miles, I was crocked when I got out though.

Great crack where are you picking up the odd fish, Tesco or Sainsburys!

Regards,

Pete

·
Registered
553 Posts
I have just sold my Kayak in order to raise some funds for a boat.
Prowler Ocean Kayak ride on top 15ft 4 I think it was.

Great fun and I once went from Padstow to Boscatle some 8 nautical miles, I was crocked when I got out though.

Great crack where are you picking up the odd fish, Tesco or Sainsburys!

Regards,

Pete
I'm after the Prowler 13, sounds like its the best one to go for, think I will end the discussion there b4 the mods tell me to go to the Kayak section.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
TBH with the Ho reports at the minute it seems Devon is fishing better than down here m8, keep at it and i'm sure it'll pay off. We went out after rays tonight, still no sign of them, where are they???? did get a few other species tho, but it still seems like we are scratching!

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
fished saunton 2nite i took three dogs two starry smoothhounds to 4 lb and a ray of small eyed of 5lb 2 oz the fishh are here and westward ho had been fishing its tits off u need to go with someone who knows the marks and best times to fish them:group:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fished saunton 2nite i took three dogs two starry smoothhounds to 4 lb and a ray of small eyed of 5lb 2 oz the fishh are here and westward ho had been fishing its tits off u need to go with someone who knows the marks and best times to fish them:group:
I know your right! I have had some sound advice off you guys so I am not giving up I will try again Thursday Night.

Cheers,

Pete

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
I'm taking the family to Widemouth today, I might see if I can sneak a 13ft rod in with all the gear allong with a few peelers lol

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
unlucky leep..you`ll find puts isnt worth fishing over high..you can pick the odd bass up at the times you fished it over by the rocks.but apart from that your wasting your time mate.fish over low and up 3-4 hours:thumbs:

·
Registered
491 Posts
I saw two pair trawlers working together less than a mile out last night, things aren't looking great not even a single bass from usual productive mark last night.
Got to say its the worse year I've had.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
unlucky leep..you`ll find puts isnt worth fishing over high..you can pick the odd bass up at the times you fished it over by the rocks.but apart from that your wasting your time mate.fish over low and up 3-4 hours:thumbs:
Cheers mate, I was going to fish on after low but I had enough of catching nowt!

Thanks for the info,

Pete

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I saw two pair trawlers working together less than a mile out last night, things aren't looking great not even a single bass from usual productive mark last night.
Got to say its the worse year I've had.

Someone once said to me if you want to catch fish Buy a Boat.
It is slow this year and I have had enough of scratching around for the odd fish. I am getting a boat! Until then I will plod on....

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Pete, will be in touch mate and we'll go out for a sesh...

At least we can blank in good company. Will drop you a pm in a day or so if you're up for it???

Matt
Matt,

Well up for a session with the master.
I know this week look like good tides.

Yes mate let me know where and when what bait and rigs I will be there.

Thanks mate,

Pete

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Hey Pete, will be in touch mate and we'll go out for a sesh...

At least we can blank in good company. Will drop you a pm in a day or so if you're up for it???

Matt
Any chance of an extra tagging along??? I just can't seem to find the bass at the minute

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Any chance of an extra tagging along??? I just can't seem to find the bass at the minute

Lets make a night of it then!
Just so you know I am in North Devon So may have to meet in between Bude and Barnstaple, W Ho!, Greensands, Bucks etc I will leave it to Matt to decide.

Regards,

Pete

1 - 18 of 18 Posts