World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i am a BIG bass fisher and have had a few double figures(which i always put back in) in the last 3 years .
the last 3 weekends i have been fishing the estuary hard using soft crab/rag
but only had one big bite which was sadly missed. my q to any one that can help is, has any one caught any bass in estuary or had any crab in their pots which are brought on with this warm weather .
i am going tommorrow night and will let u know how i got off , happy fishing

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Um what estuary? Bass to about 2-2.5lb being caught in Llanelli area I've had two of around a pound off Cefn Sidan (put back of course) and missed a big un I think bite took the rod off its rest, hell of a fight but i lost it in the surf :(

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the estuary/river which i fish in is the britonferry river, which goes to neath. It is excellent using crab as bait but you got to get through the crab to catch a fish, which involves constant baiting up but is excellent for 6+ pound bass, i cant tell you which is the best spot because it took me 6 years to find,but if you fish there enough you should have some favourate spots , good luck.
come on the bass!!!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i had my fair share of losing fish , but now i use a new trace called a pendel rig, easy to make,double hooked trace which once you get a bite 9/10 the fish is already hooked before the strike (recomended) good luck.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
went fishing last night (sat 16 th ) 16.00-12.00 , top tide 11.00 , (find it better fishing early tide).
I fished two rods 1 with crab on pendal rig, casted around 150 yards, 1 light rod fishing in close 5-10 yards with small rag piled on size 4 hook no weight, at 5.00 pm was very gusty and was unable to detect any bites but around 6.30-7.00pm the wind dropped to hardly a breeze ,perfect i thought as i put fresh bait on both rods.
Then there they where, bloody crabs having a party supplied with my bait , there's nothing worse than baiting up every 5-10 min ,bringing in your line and seing a few strands of elastic , where your perfectly prepared crab used to be .
well i persisted on baiting up every 5-10 min hoping that i would atleast get a bite but i was rejected !
but never mind i will keep trying and i will let you when i get my first bass!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts