World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
any mackerel at shields pier.need to get down there with some cans of lager:thumbs:
how come when the maccys in you need alcohol never been able to understand that either leave your tins all over the pier or throw them into the sea :nono::nono::thumbdown:preachon::banghead:

·
Registered
116 Posts
exactly what i was thinking lewis mate. no offense to you kingcod mate, but your on the pier with your cans, and during the weekend more often than not theres tourists, and familys with kids having a walk down the pier, now those people are gonna look at you and stereotype you straight away, and when im at the pier during these months there is cans lying around all the time, and im not saying you leave them lying around mate, but ive seen it happen before, youve got little kiddys trotting down the pier with there parents, one could easily pick up a ripped tin can, and cut there fingers, they can easily fall on it.. i know from experience that ripped tin cans can slice through your skin like a fillet knife.

and its things like that that stop people coming on the pier for a nice walk..

no one can stop you from drinking on the pier apart from the police for public intoxication , but mate drink wisely and take your rubbish with you, theres bins there for a reason so use them..

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
well i dont care if i offend anyone on this point,BUT I dont see the point in taking a cans of drink so you can get pi**ed when fishing,seen plenty people in my time fishing when they are pi**ed,and that can be a dangerous situation for people around.Apart from the litter they leave which makes the place look an eyesore,some other poor sod has to tidy up after them and risk cutting their fingers on the cans,or a kiddy picks the cans up and tears their fingers open.Ya wanna go drinking,then go drinking,ya wanna go fishing then go fishing
Drink 1 or 2 cans just to have a social evenings fishing,but make sure you tidy your emptys away

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Well said Jimmy lad.

well i dont care if i offend anyone on this point,BUT I dont see the point in taking a cans of drink so you can get pi**ed when fishing,seen plenty people in my time fishing when they are pi**ed,and that can be a dangerous situation for people around.Apart from the litter they leave which makes the place look an eyesore,some other poor sod has to tidy up after them and risk cutting their fingers on the cans,or a kiddy picks the cans up and teasr their fingers open.Ya wanna go drinking,then go drinking,ya wanna go fishing then go fishing
Drink 1 or 2 cans just to have a social evenings fishing,but make sure you tidy your emptys away

·
Registered
116 Posts
well said medlar mate, i understand exactly what you mean, fishing is suppose to be something that you enjoy and i dont think you can enjoy it if your ****ed..yeah maybe 1 or 2 if your with a couple of mates..but no more than that..

if you wanna drink heavily then go to the pub or stay in the house, and like you said mate it can become dangerous..theres been a couple of incidents on or near the pier where people who have been drunk have stumbled onto the rocks or fell over etc...not saying they were fishing or a fisherman but things can go bad all it takes is a hook stook on the pier wall and someone whos had a few to climb on to the wall and try pulling it loose then that could lead to someone falling in the water..

·
Registered
135 Posts
drinking n fishing down mix well there was this clown on roker pier the other morning he was mortal drunk he was full of cider n this was half six in the morning practicly every cast he was getting every one tangled

·
Registered
116 Posts
definently no need to drink when fishing to have a good time...even if i catch nothing i still enjoy the few hours out..you dont need drink to enjoy fishing...

it says kingcods favourite rod or reel is his handline lol...id hate to think hes using 4 to 6 daylights and a 5oz and swining it to cast out lol..especially if hes drinking

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
drinking n fishing down mix well there was this clown on roker pier the other morning he was mortal drunk he was full of cider n this was half six in the morning practicly every cast he was getting every one tangled

YEAH KEV,thats right,the ar*ehole was there when i got on the pier at 2.30am,he was shouting out at the boats passing,shouting all the time,he was even pestering a bloke fishing on his own,asking for spinners,feathers,eventually the lad moved right away from the ar*sehole.So that was a mornings fishing ruined for the guy all because someone chose to get pi**ed.TRUTHFULLY if he had came near me i would have either chinned him or threw him over the hand rail

RANT OVER FOR NOW

·
Registered
116 Posts
i feel exactly the same way you do jimmy...i would of done the same thing if he had of came near me..i just cant stand it..and they wonder why people form an opinion on them from the 1st time they see them...last year at shields i was fishing, and it was packed ..and there must of been a 5 or 6 foot gap between me and this other bloke and 2 little numpty charvs with there cans and staffy park there arses right in the middle..i told him to move and he got all big and mouthy ..i told him to watch his mouth and then they move to the end of the pier where he pestered and bugged a few other ppl..

its just typical of ppl like that to spoil a days fishing..****es me right off..

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
i feel exactly the same way you do jimmy...i would of done the same thing if he had of came near me..i just cant stand it..and they wonder why people form an opinion on them from the 1st time they see them...last year at shields i was fishing, and it was packed ..and there must of been a 5 or 6 foot gap between me and this other bloke and 2 little numpty charvs with there cans and staffy park there arses right in the middle..i told him to move and he got all big and mouthy ..i told him to watch his mouth and then they move to the end of the pier where he pestered and bugged a few other ppl..

its just typical of ppl like that to spoil a days fishing..****es me right off..

AGREE with ya 100% mate,you get enough tangles with the tide pull,never mind having to watch all around you incase some drunken sod send a set of feathers or daylights heading towards you

·
Registered
301 Posts
you tell em jimmy we get the same problem down here on the south gare its a night mare and their is kids fishing what makes it worst is we dont have a wall or rail so if some one does slips whilst ****ed its going to really hurt or kill some one. dont mind the kids fishing it the ****ed arseh***s which are the problem. south gare is a problem when your sober never mind been ****ed especailly if the weather and sea changes.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
saw a kid get a treble in his eye lid on Steetly last year by some guy stood on a crate of lager about 6.30am.

I think a bacon bun would be much better at that time of day than a Lager.

·
Registered
135 Posts
medlar he must of been drinking all nite a couldnt even understand a word what was coming out of his mouth a heard shout something 2 one of the boats a was fishing close 2 the clown u go up pier 4 a nice relaxing time n u always get 1

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.