or west bexing ton
if u do could u tell me a little about how to fish that area
cheers

bill

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Bill,

I camp in Burton Bradstock every August and beachcast, Charmouth & Seaton and from the rocks in West Bay, spinning for Bass. I fish Burton Bradstock, early morning for my breakfast, spinning and feathers for Mackerel and in the evening for whatever I catch.

Depending on the conditions I alter my style by copying the other anglers on the beach except when Mackerel bashing, although most of the time I use a Paternoster, 2 up 1 down.

I always ask the other campers whenever they go fishing if I can follow on i.e. Cogdon or West Bexington. I have had Bass, Doggies, Pouting, Ray, Mackerel and a Gurnard.

I must add that I am a charter angler and prefer to do all my fishing from a boat, but I am determined to learn all I can for when I retire, when I will concentrate on beachcasting.

Roll on next week when I will be in South Wales trying to catch my first fish from the beach.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
hi billy
i fished cogden last night and had 3 smoothhounds on crab they were the best fish i ever caught and i learnt to alter my drag with a good fish on for the first time.

·
Registered
158 Posts
how far is cogden from sidmouth am looking for a daytime venue as whenever i stay in sidmouth i only ever catch at sundown?
cheers
paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts