World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ther must be some Bass fishing in Northern Ireland. From the limited knowkedge I have on the subject surely Strangford Lough lokks like a likely location. Any comments?

·
Registered
224 Posts
there was an article in irish angler a few months back that said the north coast is the place to be. for surf fishing try castlerock or portballintrae.

·
Registered
34 Posts
There are Bass to be found all around Ireland's coast! If you're willing to come south a little, Carlingford Lough's southern side is fishing extremely well. Fish among the weed beds and rough ground with surface popper plugs or better still fly. The optimum time is late evening or dawn. Don't even attempt to bottom fish bait here as you'll lose all your tackle! If you'd like any more information on this, don't hesitate to contact me. I live about 15 mins from Carlingford, so I know the place pretty well. ****.

·
Registered
13 Posts
**** I've just started coastal fishing live in Banbridge I hear there is good place at Cranfield.With the great info above should I wait till high tide or where's the best place to go
Like I said I'm a novice just learning and have no probes getting Mackeral or pollock but would love to hook the Sea Bass
Thanks
Mickey

·
Registered
807 Posts
**** I've just started coastal fishing live in Banbridge I hear there is good place at Cranfield.With the great info above should I wait till high tide or where's the best place to go
Like I said I'm a novice just learning and have no probes getting Mackeral or pollock but would love to hook the Sea Bass
Thanks
Mickey
It,s 11 years since this subject was raised here and Irish bass fishing shows no sign of improving.
Draconian conservation measures have recently been introduced under the EU's Common Fisheries Policy.
Bass fishing is catch and release on the East coast of Ireland until July whereas bass may be retained on the North coast all year.

Carlingford would be your best bet but familiarise yourself with the new legislation.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Bout ye Mickey.

Many a guy catches Bass all year round, the one thing you do not do is shout about it:)
Me and a friend got a stack in two trips last July, ( a year ago now so i can shout about it:oops:)
Only through lots of blanks will you ever learn, sorry no easy way unless you want to pay some unscrupulous soul to take ye:rolleyes:

Just of late i have been educated on Bass (again) , but it was a fluke meeting;)
Hard work
long hours
many blanks and miles later Bass are not that hard to catch,
only through lack of numbers.

Still i can go 2 weeks without a fish, when actively fishing for them sometimes:oops:

Learn the basics of baits , how far "not to cast", to catch them, forget the English advice about huge crashing breakers, for now hahahah concentrate on catching Bass, and forget sizes;)
Me and friends and one friends lady where stood catching them:cool: this one fellow could not catch a Bass if his life depended on it, and that night stood amongst us he failed again:D
same bait, same spot, some guys have just no luck;)

Fedstar...

·
Registered
573 Posts
I vaguely remember seeing Bream in Exploris too. It'd be great if there were a few of those in Strangford too ( no winks or knowing looks! There aren't! Not yet anyway, bit of global warming. Who knows!)..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts