World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been sea angling from the shores of Lincolnshire for the last 3 to 4 years, it was not too bad to start with, Codling, Flounders, Dabs, 5 bearded rocklings, small turbot, Whiting, Bass, albiet small,my colleague the occasional Doggie, but the last two years have been absolutely lousy, we see on various fishermens threads that they have caught Bass, Smoothhound, and Rays, I appluade you gnetlemen.
Is the lack of fish from the constant dredging each year allong the coast line, to restock the beaches for the tourists, Important industry for the local communities. But it is depressing hearing about the majority having a poor nights even blanking, my friends and I included.
What are we doing wrong, we try various rigs, various tides, and times, day light, nights, different baits and cocktails. Different hook sizes. In close to shore, or cast further out. We even heard of the local commercial bean trawlers were fairly close to the shore.:wallbash::help:

So my question is where have all the fish gone.

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
If you see the dredger close in to the beach then fish there as it will stir up the water and fish will be there looking for disturbed food, if you see the Beam Trawlers it means fish will be there,because they would not waste fuel if nothing's there,

·
Registered
767 Posts
and thats the cue for "we blame the comercials" "no its the netters there ruining it for everyone" "no i think it RSAs from boats" argument.:punk:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Don't get too disheartened..... there will still be fish around. It might be the time to go and try a new area and before you know it, you'll be the one putting posts up saying what good catches you've had. Fish move around due to the weather, seasons, commercial pressure and RSA pressure, no magic answer for it, but persevere and you'll get lucky:fishing1:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I still think all the major dredging is not doing the area much good, but don't worry, tight lines, still will be persistent and try as much as work, tide and times allow:boxing:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts