World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just coming back to fishing since was little nipper , been told to fish mostyn for flatties. Everyone seems to talk about it, but no one seems to say where to fish. ie a location, a place to park and directions.

Also whats the best time. (i have read the posts, is crab still the best bait?)

If any one can help that would be great

Thanks in advance

p.s. any other places fishing well?

·
The Bean Counter
44,136 Posts
Greenfield and Flint Cob further down the estuary for flatties as well. Crab are still catching. Will be fishing Flint today so will let you know the results.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi,

ok i know i didnt give you guys long, but am hoping to fish mostyn on sunday if someone can tell me exactly where to go, and an idea on bait.

Thanks very much

·
Registered
961 Posts
If you know Mostyn port at all and your coming from Flint direction, before the port you pass a small pub on your left , just a bit further on your right there is a narrow straight track heading towards the sea passing over a small railway bridge. Go down the track , at the top turn left, park near to the end of this bit and fish off the rocks. Best to try low water as there are a lot of snags close in. use Crab and you may get a Plaice ! Use grip leads as the tide run can be quite fierce on the flood. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts