World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Ultra light Always doing it in style
4,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well went out this morning with intentions of exploring a bit more of the north side of Anglesey as the forecast had given WSW winds going to SW winds.
Made a change in going there driving through some snow sludge, maybe signs of things to come. After arriving at my first destination and a reasonable romp I was rather surprised what the sea was doing:eek:. Although the wind was coming from the forecast direction and nicely blowing from left side rear when facing the water the swell which was a good size was from NWN. This must of through the night given everything a good churn as the was very dirty:(. First spot then was a no go. Back I walked and jumped in the motor to a spot which 99% of the time has some shelter from this direction. Arrived and off I walked again only to be greeted by the same scenario. Some how the swell was wrapping itself around the point, still with dirty water and even if it was clean you couldn't get close:(.
Well this wasn't looking good at all, so with the north side out I drove across to the other side to see how rough it was as there's a few nooks and crannies which can be fishable at times. Once there the water was a lot cleaner with no dirt but a good grey huge to it but you guessed it , it was to rough too say the least for the light gear.
Final plan as it was the only place I could think of to offer some flatter seas and a modicum of shelter was HB.
Arriving the wind was whistling down the wall and dirty colour had reached about all the way except the first 120yrds or so. Clarity wasn't bad just a normal winter colour of grey blue.
My plan and only plan here was to search out for some Herring. On with a 1g jig head and 1.5" plastic and I walked to the furthest point fishable. I started to search the water fan casting and slowly walking back to the beginning. After 30 mins I managed to find a small group of fish and soon the first was landed:).

Another half a dozen followed then they had seemed to of moved. So with this in mind I went back to the car and got the video camera on to see if there were a few down at the car end which would oblige to become movie stars. Luckily the rates I was offering for acting seemed to do the job and the last 2 to be caught made it to the silver screen:):):).
So not really a successful morning with the plans I had but in the end Herring are good fun, it was a shame as last time I had them here they where much larger but I won't complain considering the uneventful morning.

So here the wee little vid.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Great stuff, like the video!

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Excellent report and great video thanks for taking the time, really looking forward to having a crack at lrf this year.:)

Reactions: TICTER

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
Great report and video :cool:, almost enough to tempt me to invest in an lrf set up but I've just spent my money on new toys ready for April :D.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Heck, when you say you say ultra light you really do mean it. I've only just appreciated the scale watching the video. Have you had any luck with the herring from Nefyn breakwater?

·
The Ultra light Always doing it in style
4,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Never tried it there, if the water was clear then it be worth a shot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.