World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone Dav here,i've just joined wsf and i'm pretty new to sea fishing, i'm looking for a bit of advice on what bait is best to catch cod(ling)or wrasse, i come from falkirk,also what are the best marks for them,i've caught a few flatties up arbroath way and would love to catch a cod or a wrasse,tried anstruther red pier thursday their with my son however came away empty handed plus a few rigs less for my trip loved it though and have my sights on another trip next week sometime hopfully in better weather,thanks for any advice in advance and once again hello to everyone and tight lines :).

·
Registered
324 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate.

I have been using Peeler ledgered on the bottom for Codling. If you have time to find your own great but I have been buying mijne from Anglers Choice in Dundee. It's not cheap but has been doing the business for me.

I have also been float fishing with some King Rag and that has landed me Wrasse and Codling. I only float fish when the water is calm and little or no wind. I believe that Peeler will also land you Wrasse but not for me yet.

For rough ground a Pulley rig is probably best but I used a standard 1 hook flapper the other night and it lasted me up until the last retrieve when I lost it.

Hope you get into a few fish soon mate.

George

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks mate,i've heard pealer's good for cod,just aint got the time to search or rig traps for them,may try some king rag though,where can i buy king rag are they accesable in fishing shops or are you best to go digging the worms yourself and if so whereabouts,thanks for the info very much appreciated.

·
Registered
324 Posts
You can buy Rag from anglers choice in dundee as well as peeler. To be honest your probably gonna spend as much time digging rag as you would searching for peeler. So if you don't have the time best bet is to buy.

If I was you I would buy some of both and find what works best or you. One or the other or a cocktail of both.

You'll be lucky for someone to post their bait digging locations on here but if you do a search on the forums I'm sure some have been posted in the past.

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts