World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:boat: hi there i was wondering if anyone can tell me where there is good fishing venues in ayrshire and how to fish them(tides,baits and everything else from the people in the know):idea:

·
Registered
456 Posts
hello there mt a have ask this to and the answer i got that i wos wasting my time the only fish there is around here is in asda :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: moved up from wigtown and told to go back there........:giveup: :giveup: :giveup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:secret: i know that theres flatties at newton beach and the occaisional fish at saltcoats ,but if there is somewhere else that fishes good please can you's help.

hello there mt a have ask this to and the answer i got that i wos wasting my time the only fish there is around here is in asda :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: moved up from wigtown and told to go back there........:giveup: :giveup: :giveup:

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
ardrossan and portencross and fairlie are good general purpose sites
saltcoats has conger further south irvine has a ice cream van during the summer
troon has wrasse mullet rocks a plenty ayr has more ice cream and rock some fish off the oier and at newton and greenan

·
Team Hardcore(Scotland)
940 Posts
irvine has a ice cream van during the summer :clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

like it:) :) :)

but dont forget its got mackeral in the summer tooo:blink: :blink: :)

·
Registered
456 Posts
that bit must fish ok round graig tara a work up round there and about a couple of weeks ago there was a lot of small boats about....thay were fishing about no more than 100 yards out thay ar not there for nothing :g: :g: :g:thay went right round to about dunure castle.............any info from these boys????????

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
that bit must fish ok round graig tara a work up round there and about a couple of weeks ago there was a lot of small boats about....thay were fishing about no more than 100 yards out thay ar not there for nothing :g: :g: :g:thay went right round to about dunure castle.............any info from these boys????????
knowing craig tara they were after crabs lol

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
they would be fishing the barbour rock and the skua rock. small pollock to 2lbs.
that's it for boat fishing in the area. its total pants. Mackerel aside in the summer

shore wise.

prestwick. june to oct rough conditions only, flounder, coalfish and occasional bass.
newton shore... same
ayr pier... summer ... flats on outside of the pier, mullet and mackerel float on the end. conger on the LHS of the end. small coalies on the bottom.

heads of ayr. 1st headland. lsd+wrasse. rough ground.
2nd headland lsd+dabs+coalies.... hard work.
both and in front of the caravan park also produce Mullet.

dunure ......... lsd+dabs+coalies+pollock. best mark in the area.

shore fishing is pretty hard in this area but if you go in the right conditions than there are some fish to catch.
i have had bags of fish to 10-12lbs a session and fish to 6lbs recently so it can be done its just not easy.
hope that helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts