World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im staying down the gower over easter could anyone tell good places to fish around Penmaen gower
thanks for any help

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
nice place to stay..

penmaen gives you access goods access to all the way from caswell to port eynon including three cliffs and oxwich.

plenty of good fishing and the bass should be making an appearance in better numbers then. the river mouths at three cliffs and oxwich are both good for flatties, bass, doggies at low water, better fished in the evening after the full brightness of the day is starting to wain a little and less people around.
high tide you can fish the rocks infront of the church at Oxwich.
Port eynon point at low
oxwich point at low
rock hop all along the coast from port eynon point to rhossilli with big lumps of crab in the gully's
caswell rocks on the left hand side for mixed bags.
if you want to fish the sand parts of the beaches i would do so from low to a couple after high co-inciding with quite times of the day.

Mumbles pier too but that will be full of chip monkeys on a bank holiday.

one last thing if you see a green kayak don't send a 5oz weight in its direction as that would be me!!!
give us a mail a couple of days before you go and i'll try and give you something a bit more specific without giving away too many secrets

john

G

·
nice place to stay..

penmaen gives you access goods access to all the way from caswell to port eynon including three cliffs and oxwich.

plenty of good fishing and the bass should be making an appearance in better numbers then. the river mouths at three cliffs and oxwich are both good for flatties, bass, doggies at low water, better fished in the evening after the full brightness of the day is starting to wain a little and less people around.
high tide you can fish the rocks infront of the church at Oxwich.
Port eynon point at low
oxwich point at low
rock hop all along the coast from port eynon point to rhossilli with big lumps of crab in the gully's
caswell rocks on the left hand side for mixed bags.
if you want to fish the sand parts of the beaches i would do so from low to a couple after high co-inciding with quite times of the day.

Mumbles pier too but that will be full of chip monkeys on a bank holiday.

one last thing if you see a green kayak don't send a 5oz weight in its direction as that would be me!!!
give us a mail a couple of days before you go and i'll try and give you something a bit more specific without giving away too many secrets

john
what :secret: :secret: :secret: :clap2: :clap3:

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
hows it going steve...

secets like.........the bakery in kittle does wicked pasties:secret:
john

G

·
hows it going steve...

secets like.........the bakery in kittle does wicked pasties:secret:
john
brill john just come in from the knoll dean will report later.im nipping out for a min im starving and the fun fair is down the rd i know the owner cheese burger calling me i have them for a pound:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
hi john ,how u doing. can u explain to me wot a chip monkey is?:g:

think holiday maker in socks,sandals, shorts, t-shirt and a bag of the seasides very best chips after a couple of lagers!!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
cheers all and will contact you john later next week
many thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts