World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone please tell me where to fish in the st.davids area.I am not local but have a caravan near caerfai beach,and i have fished here and at porth clais,but it was early in the season and we just had a few small wrasse.Should i fish to the left of porth clais or the right??,and what are the best baits/methods for the mackeral,pollack,gar,ect. Is bottem fishing worth a try,or is it a tackle graveyard?? Are there any other marks worth a look at,i.e,around the lifeboat station area,whitesands,solva,ect...???....many thanks fellow danglers. :confused:

·
Registered
383 Posts
i only tend to fish porth clais so can only offer some limited info for you. a medium walk along either side of the coastal path will put you on to some fishable ledges.you can fish both sides but it can be a tight squeeze on some of the ledges.bottom fishing is pure tackle grave yard as the kelp is very thick but the fish love that. i tend to fish only by lure or by float.i tend to use rag or mackeral on the float for the pollack and pick up some small hard crab from the harbour at low to fish for wrasse.. hope this is helpful have fun and tight lines. :) might see you down there :confused:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts