World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a couple of blanks am going to go for a full night this Friday, can any of guys give any heads up where is best fishing for smuts and rays at the mo a it seems a mixed bag report wise. I live in Medway but am happy to travel normally fish deal beach etc but have a couple of blanks down there recently ! Any help would be most appreciated guys

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Selsey West beach = smuts in darkness.

Rays getting thin on the ground, a chance at Sandwich/Deal beaches.
Got some heavy sw winds coming, I've never fished up Selsey way but would think that it could effect the weed down there this weekend.
Sandwich bay and Deal the wind will be offshore so it could be worth a try after the winds die down especially if the waters quite clear
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/se/ramsgate_forecast_weather.html

10th green, sandown, deal pier, deal castle, boundary road, worth a try crab as bait fresh or frozen, squid and rag 2nd best

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys input was really appreciated. fished the 10th Green weekend before last without a sniff of a bite, despite my brother fishing the night before and catching 7 hounds up to 5ib. I fished early evening so think I might give it a proper night fish. There tends to be plenty of doggies to catch down there. I might come further along towards Deal castle of even Walmer. Have any pf you guys fished Walmer beach I fish Deal loads but have never come back round towards Walmer.

I tried Minnis the other week and the weed was bad

thanks again guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts