World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Was meant to be out boat fishing Friday 29th, but the weather looks rubbish!!! Will wait until Thursday until skipper gives the yes or no. If a no I'll go beach casting most likely, any places fishing well (ish) at the moment in the Portsmouth/Gosport/ Selsey area or 20 mile radius?

Fished Eaststoke (Hayling Island) two weeks ago. All Whiting

Great to hear if there is.

Cheers
Dave

G

·
20 mile radius? That's either hell of a cast or a bloody long swim !
Been reading up on stokes bay. I hasten to add i don't know the area!
Dependant on what you read, weed is not meant to be as bad there as other beaches around. Tidal flow ain't meant to be to bad. If this is wrong blame fishing tails lol. I'm looking for somewhere myself Dave
All the best D B

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dependant on what you read, weed is not meant to be as bad there as other beaches around. Tidal flow ain't meant to be to bad. If this is wrong blame fishing tails lol. I'm looking for somewhere myself Dave
All the best D B
Hi just done some googling on Stokes Bay looks pretty nice, never fished it tho myself. Not much difference in travelling time to Selsey East hhmmm where to go. Final decision tomorrow at 6:30 pm after speaking to skipper about boat fishing. Thinking more Selsey as fished before but only once.

You made your mind up yet?

Cheers Dave.

·
Registered
21,674 Posts
Hi all,

Was meant to be out boat fishing Friday 29th, but the weather looks rubbish!!! Will wait until Thursday until skipper gives the yes or no. If a no I'll go beach casting most likely, any places fishing well (ish) at the moment in the Portsmouth/Gosport/ Selsey area or 20 mile radius?

Cheers
Dave
;) Me too. Supposed to be out wrecking Friday but don't want to make too many rigs as it's likely to be off.
I hope it's not like my 2014/2015 year when I had 5 out of 5 booked wrecking trips blown off and the 2 trips the skipper booked me on as an individual were also blown off, 100% failure rate, I was almost suicidal. Was hoping to get a trip to Panama but my test results took months to come through so I couldn't renew my travel insurance cover in time and all the slots went, not my year so far but as the song goes, it can only get better. ;)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
;) Me too. Supposed to be out wrecking Friday but don't want to make too many rigs as it's likely to be off.
I hope it's not like my 2014/2015 year when I had 5 out of 5 booked wrecking trips blown off and the 2 trips the skipper booked me on as an individual were also blown off, 100% failure rate, I was almost suicidal. Was hoping to get a trip to Panama but my test results took months to come through so I couldn't renew my travel insurance cover in time and all the slots went, not my year so far but as the song goes, it can only get better. ;)
Things can only get better mate, Get out on a beach Friday and enjoy a fish..

·
Registered
586 Posts
Hi all,

Cheers
Dave
I'd be going to Pagham mate if I could. Hopefully I'll get out Saturday. Last time I suggested Pagham to someone on WSF who was from Kent he had a nice Bass. Good luck.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:) Happy to get on a beach where there is a reasonable chance of a "proper" fish, just small stuff round my way ATM, can't get too excited about tings and lings. :)
Hi, I might give Ragster's idea ago go down to Pagham never fished it before but only 1 hour 20 min drive. If not Selsey east beach as fished before. Not to sure on the proper fish tho mate. Only thing that I can say is you never no. Might try out the live rig bait that's been popping up on site worth a shot.

Cheers Dave.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Walked the dog along the sea wall on east beach Selsey and amazed at the amount of damage this last storm has done, all the shingle washed away, if anyone is thinking of fishing by the fishing huts they had better take a ladder with them to get on the beach, the damage is unbelievable

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Walked the dog along the sea wall on east beach Selsey and amazed at the amount of damage this last storm has done, all the shingle washed away, if anyone is thinking of fishing by the fishing huts they had better take a ladder with them to get on the beach, the damage is unbelievable
Really that's crazy , I'll give there a miss then. Thanks for the update

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
All the best D B
Just spoke to boat skipper no go for tomorrow, which I was expecting. Weather rubbish, always another time. He recons Stokes bay is a good chance!! Rag/lug with squid or mack . Something white as bait so fish can see it?
Stokes bay it is for me...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts