World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm staying up in the North-west for a week and want to try a few marks along the coastline. Anyone give me some pointers on where may be a good place to fish between Silloth and Maryport. Probably going out at night and what kind of bait suits. Thank you!

·
Registered
175 Posts
hi mate
maryport prom is good had a few nice sized plaice off there before use mixed bait rag,lug,squid,macky,razor

all so there is dunmill point just passed allonby lovely bass point there is also mawbray and beckfoot on the way to silloth as well

hope this helps

·
Registered
88 Posts
As Craig said, Dubmill & Beckfoot are good bass marks & you will get your lugworm on same beach's, but I would say best just before dark or first light, although some of the lads have been getting good bags whatever the time...mostly schoolies. Tight lines........ Martin.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hi, I'm staying up in the North-west for a week and want to try a few marks along the coastline. Anyone give me some pointers on where may be a good place to fish between Silloth and Maryport. Probably going out at night and what kind of bait suits. Thank you!
probably best sticking to maryport or silloth piers after dark , or 2 hours each side of high water on the beaches. i wouldn't recommend the beaches at low water in the dark, on most of the beaches the tide creeps up behind you, better safe than sorry

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers for that advice - I will post hopefully a catch report! Where are the local tackle shops where I can buy some bait?

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Cheers for that advice - I will post hopefully a catch report! Where are the local tackle shops where I can buy some bait?

Armstrong Angling 9, South William Street, Workington , CA14 2ED Tel: 01900 605093 .Fishing Tackle | Sea Fishing - Coarse Fishing , Carp Fishing , Outdoor Footwear & Clothing , Huge Range Of Accessories , Air Rifles, Targets, Pellets , Mon - Sat 9am To 5.30pm .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts