World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody have any idea where i might try fishing tomorrow evening between Newport (ish) to Penarth (ish again)? 'twill be low tide around 6pm, don't wanna stay out late cos of work next day. maybe till 10pm. i am an inexperienced angler as you can guess! was thinking of the knap. cheers

·
Registered
937 Posts
anybody have any idea where i might try fishing tomorrow evening between Newport (ish) to Penarth (ish again)? 'twill be low tide around 6pm, don't wanna stay out late cos of work next day. maybe till 10pm. i am an inexperienced angler as you can guess! was thinking of the knap. cheers
Hi mate,

Think the reason for lack of replies is that there are not really a lot of low water marks for `inexperienced` anglers, particularly at night! For most low water marks between Newport and Cardiff / Penarth you would need to be a pretty experienced angler...or you are going to lose a lot of gear. The tides this week are also getting to be on the low side. This will also affect the fishing.
Suggest you wait for the high tides and fish them ( Not in an Easterly wind ) and give either Penarth Pier or the Knap a go.
Good luck and Tight lines,
Rich

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
been fishing about 5 times lately. makes me inexperienced, yes. but i've made many rigs now, especially pulleys. i've also made home-made weights from mortar and also pebbles (drilled). i can attach these using rotten bottoms. does this get around any of my problems? or is there something else i might be missing from fishing at low tide/snaggy areas? thanks for the initial response. i've heard that easterly winds affect fish, but i'm desperate to go this week because we'll be in florida for 14 days from friday. rather go fishing, me! thanks again

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Penarth! worse at geography than i am at fishing. Barry would be a better area. Newport to Barry, and slightly beyond if necessary. Come on guys, any ideas?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
You could try the slipway in Sully Bay that's probably the easiest place to fish,or fish the Bull Nose rocks (in between The Knap and Porthkerry) for two hours before and two hours after low water.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
You could try the slipway in Sully Bay that's probably the easiest place to fish,or fish the Bull Nose rocks (in between The Knap and Porthkerry) for two hours before and two hours after low water.
I fished here on the low last week. unfortunatly I blanked but it does look quite fishey. Its nice easy acecess too. just walk stright down the slip and follow it back up on the flood.

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
i agree with Fiskies.
I've fished it over low near the lifeboat station on Penarth beach........ we had a few codling......mostly clean ground and still the possibilty of codling or whiting.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the offer welshkev. would be great to go with some experienced guys. but got other arrangements for the rest of the week unfortunately for me. i might give the ranny a go, or knap. not sure yet. or sully? ahhh! decisions, decisions. thanks very much for the help, chaps. best wishes

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
you really are better off going with welshkev, or any others, make a date with them, learn a lot from these people, the slipway at penarth is your best bet, not to far from civilisation and a cafe.:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts