World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Taking my son shore fishing on Saturday and was planning on a session through in The Kingdom. I checked out Cod head Bob's excellent site, but noticed that most of the venues fish best after an easterly. the forecast for the weekend shows westerlies, so is it worth us going east, or should we stay in the west and fish Loch Fyne?

Cheers

·
Registered
218 Posts
Most of the east coast marks fish best after a good easterly blow but that's not to say you won't catch otherwise. I've had better results nearer aberdeen when its been flat calm but I'm sure others may disagree. Not sure about fife coast as ive never made it that far south. Just be carefully taking your son because as recent events have proved, our coast is not the safest of places.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I am sure some of the marks in Fife will offer a fish or two .. Bright flat conditions in the summer are my favorite for the cod over there but it can be a difficult place to fish in the winter with a sea pushing on as the ground is very rough should your kid be young or inexperienced .If the weather leaves the sea flat you could try Crail rock , mind you can get cut off on this on bigger tides but looks fine for this weekend . Park in the caravan part and walk east a short way . Its not too tackle hungry but use a RB and if the cod are not there you could always pick up a decent Wrasse or two. The other option is to get up early and fish the gullies anywhere from Fifeness to Pitenweem 2 hours either side of low which would probably be my choice especially as it would be dark as the tide was ebbing. Good luck

·
Registered
611 Posts
Most of the east coast marks fish best after a good easterly blow but that's not to say you won't catch otherwise. I've had better results nearer aberdeen when its been flat calm but I'm sure others may disagree. Not sure about fife coast as ive never made it that far south. Just be carefully taking your son because as recent events have proved, our coast is not the safest of places.
How about here:

http://www.shoreangler.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?4768-Shoreangler-Meet-28th-October-2012-Lunan-Bay

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice guys and also the words of warning. Mine and my son's safety are always paramount and I would rather get a cod in batter than risk our lives trying to catch one. I think it may be an early start ion the morning then; will let you know how we get on :thumbs:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Never made it to Fife, as we had a late start. Ended up at Loch Fyne and had plenty of action from LSD'S. Had a few other bites, which didn't look like doggies, but never landed them so no idea what they were. My son has definitely got the fishing bug and it looks like we will be out most weekends. Loch Fyne is only an hour's drive for us, but after two outings there, need somewhere different. Will keep an eye on catch reports on here and see where it takes us. :thumbs:

·
Registered
247 Posts
missed fish could be thornies. or some form of flattie?. there bites take a few minutes to develop

1 - 8 of 8 Posts