World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I was hoping for some advice on where would be a good place to have an all night session on bait followed by a bit of a mackie bash the next day to fill up the freezer? I am one of the unfortunate fisher folk that lives far inland and can't get to the coast very often so any advice would be really appreciated so I can make the best of my time.

Thanks in advance,

Fieldy

·
Registered
42 Posts
hi mate fish west bex bait lug worm wrag worm then fish baits use a 3 hook flapper a range as far as u can cast you should pick up some flatties paulting dogs almost everything then you can catch mackies in the morning hope this helps

·
Registered
553 Posts
Try Ferrybridge end of Chesil, chance of Bass, Smoothounds, Bream, Triggers, Pout, Doggies, chance of Red Mullet too. Mackerel will also be there too.

Best of luck where ever you choose.

Andy :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Its the bridge linking Portland to the mainland - have a search for Chesil Beach centre that will bring up all the info you need

James

·
Registered
553 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks All, Is there a tackle shop anywhere near or would you advise catching a few mackerel first and using them for bait?

It's a long way so I may even stay a couple of days - even better!

Cheers,

Fieldy

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Theres Chesil Bait and Tackle just up the road - you actually drive past it on the way down to Ferrybridge - they stock good quality rag and crab.

Always worth having some mackerel with you, but I'd advise using rag and squid combinations, possibly even a whole squid for the conger eels, as you can pick up ray, smoothies, bream, pout, poor cod and triggers down that end of the beach.

James

·
Registered
707 Posts
A good bet would be to catch yourself some fresh mackkie during the evening, and then put a whole head and guts or fillet on a 3 or 4/0 Pennel rig and chuck it out 10 yards or so as dusk arrives and onwards. I always favour this practice for Bass at West Bexington and it's often paid off.

Good luck

Buzzerjj

1 - 9 of 9 Posts