World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>Looking for a night fish in South Wales area but not sure what the propects are, any advise suggestion would be appreciated although predomently easterly winds will this matter ?</font>

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Quote (The Bear @ Mar. 29 2004,10:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><font color='#000000'>Looking for a night fish in South Wales area but not sure what the propects are, any advise suggestion would be appreciated although predomently easterly winds will this matter ?</font>[/b][/quote]
<font color='#000000'>Hi all&#33; New on here but hope to add a few useful things&#33;

I&#39;ve got my gear sorted out & am starting my fishing season off tomorrow &nbsp;
&nbsp;
&nbsp;and really looking forward to it&#33; I&#39;m on the Cardigan Bay coast and tend to lay off in Feb/March, always a quiet time so I try to get ahead with work so I can have time off later on&#33;

I&#39;m not over worried about the SE-erly as a low-pressure centre forming in the SW should create enough ground-sea to get a reasonable surf going. Rising Springs now and the charts suggest SW-erlies on Saturday so as long as they&#39;re not too strong conditions ought to be quite good&#33;

Flatties & dogs will be the early target: until the first big peel starts that is...

Cheers - John</font>

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
<font color='#000000'>SW winds are expected (with rain) so a bit of surf will be running. I&#39;d try and get a few worm and try a night low water for bass.
On the other hand, you could try high water down off the rocks at Aberporth for dogs/dabs/whiting with a reasonable chance of a thornback as this mark is sheltered from Sw winds.

Cheers,
Rhod.</font>

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Not a bad start to the season&#33;&#33;&#33;

9 fish, mixed flatties & dogs with 3 legal-size flatties for tea/lunch tomorrow&#33;&#33; Best fish a 3lb turbot.

Bait was good helpings of Ammo mackerel fillet, size 1 Vikings, 2 hook paternoster. Sea flat except for a groundswell that gave a bit of a churn close in. Nothing at range except dogs @ 120 yds&#33;

Cheers - John</font>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts